Chapter 2 : Hidden motives.

Börja om från början

"Why do you think that I brought it to bribe you guys?" Shumail asked.

"Because you always mess things up and then this is how you get us to help you." Aahil stated, shrugging his shoulder.

"I don't mess things up!" Shumail protested.

"I highly disagree." Aahil countered.

"Then don't eat! Simple!" Shumail exclaimed, grabbing a slice and taking a bit with a huff.

"Let's just bicker afterwards. I'm starving." Shahmeer spoke, grabbing the whole box and then they all suddenly were fighting for the last slice of pizza.

***

She walked with small steps and entered her neighbourhood, her head low and eyes downcast, lost in her own thoughts. The basket of groceries was heavy and she struggled to lift it. She adjusted her hijab and opened the gates of her house. As she walked in further, she could hear her chachi and some unknown voices. She didn't gave much thoughts to it and seeing the door slightly ajar, she pushed it open and walked in.

"Assalamualaikum." She greeted the guests in a small voice and quietly walked to the kitchen. Even though she had walked away, all the gazes were still fixed on her back. She busied herself in her work, keeping the groceries in place and other household chores.

"Baji did you see him?" Miyad asked in her chirpy tone entering the kitchen, eager to hear her response.

"Who?" She asked, busy in cleaning the dishes.

"Uff ya Baji. You just came from the living room right? Didn't you saw the guy seated there?" Miyad raised her eyebrows. "You know he and his family is here to see me. A proposal!" Miyad exclaimed, excitement visible on her face. She shook her head in negative without looking at her.

"I'm so nervous Baji. What will they say?" Miyad asked worried, biting on her nails. She washed her hands and turned to Miyad. She held both her hands and made her look at her.

"Believe in Allah ta'ala meri jaan. If it's good for you, everything will fall in place." She cupped her cheek. Miyad gave her a bright smile and wrapped her arms around her.

"You know you always lessen my worries with your wise words. That why you're the best and I love you so much." Miyad kissed her cheeks. They heard the main door close, indicating the guests have left. Miyad walked to the entrance of the kitchen and saw her mother coming.

"Haya." Her chachi shouted her name. They both jumped on their places at her sudden anger filled voice. She turned around to come face to face with her chachi, who was fuming in anger. Even before she could say anything, a sharp slap landed on her cheek. Miyad looked at her mother with wide eyes and ran to her sister, wrapping her arms around her.

"Ammi! What was this?" She shouted. Haya just stood there stunned, her eyes fixed on the floor.

"Ask her! What was that she did few minutes ago!" Shamim shouted, fuming in anger.

"She did nothing! Why did you slap her?" Miyad was now fuming in anger as well. She couldn't understand her mother's behaviour towards her elder sister. Her mother's hatred wasn't justifiable at all.