Chapter 1

3 more weeks, I had three more fucking weeks until I was going to get my Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering. I had been working my ass off to graduate early. As an Omega, I shouldn't even be in school, but I'm a bit persuasive. Mostly, I just annoyed the shit out of my parents until they gave up and pushed me away to school. I had a full ride so it wasn't a burden for them. My Alpha wasn't pleased, but I put together a PowerPoint on all the ways having me graduate would be beneficial for the pack. Again, I pretty much explained I wouldn't be there to annoy people and he was all for it.

I may be a lanky, short, clumsy, ugly Omega, but I what I lacked in every other aspect, I made up for with intelligence. I could put sass anyone and my Alpha even knew I was a better strategist than him. I had to be. Omegas were treated like slaves and beaten like them too. I however, was smart enough to learn how to get middle ranks to do my chores and get out of most punishments. Like when Zack told on me for being late because I went to the library to study. The Alpha was going to whip me in front of the pack as was mandatory until I mentioned that Zack had been sleeping with the Alpha's only daughter. I never saw Zack again and the Alpha left me alone. They weren't exactly hiding it, but Alpha Jaeger was too busy to notice his precious baby was deflowered by a middle rank. That's massively embarrassing for the Alpha especially if she finds her mate and is not a virgin. I think it's a bunch of crap, but I'm just a lowly Omega who spends most of his time with the humans.

With the humans, I am important. I am top of my class at age 20. Most Omegas don't even know how to read or write let alone know what the Laws of Thermodynamics are. Alpha had threatened to kick me out a few times, but I gently reminded him that he would have to do his own taxes, pack taxes and the company taxes and payroll. He shut his mouth quickly and sent me on my way. That was one of the few chores I actually did. In general, werewolves are more interested in fighting and hunting than paperwork. As long as I stayed useful, I stayed alive. It's the same for every Omega which is why most of them are no better than housewives and prostitutes. Neither occupation sounded desirable when I was younger and they sound worse now that I know what it actually entails.

I had three weeks until I graduated and got the hell out of pack life. I hadn't told anyone I was leaving, but with a resume like mine and the ability to disappear with a job anywhere in the world sounded appetizing. That is until five minutes ago when I ran into my mate. I am currently sitting in a muddy puddle in a random alley way in the city near the pack house. I was walking to the library when I smelled the most amazing scent, mint and eucalyptus. I knew when I started to cream my undies when I first smelled him what was happening. I ran for my life because that's what I would lose if he found me. I only had to hide until he left and then figure something out. He wasn't pack since I have never met him before, but he was on pack lands. He's either a rogue or someone visiting with a neighboring alpha. I was hoping rogue. Alpha Jaeger would take care of my problem for me. Two birds, one stone.

I was starting to get cold from the slightly nippy air in late March and being soaked in something that probably came from someone's body after a night of binge drinking mixed with rain water and mud. I smelled terrible and was hoping that would cover my scent. I heard a few people walk past the entrance of the alleyway as I ducked behind a garbage bin.

"I swear I smelled her. Find her!" That voice had me shivering, but for a completely different reason. I had to hold back a moan just hearing his voice. This was not good.

"Yes Alpha." Three voices shouted back as their footfalls retreated all around the street.

Of course he would be an Alpha. Why would I get a middle rank who would probably just let me do what I wanted or even a rogue who would be killed and I wouldn't have to deal with him. This sucks!