“You're right, Taehyung. So, solitary confinement it is, and Jungkook will not get a new roommate.” The three men nod in agreement, and their small meeting is adjourned.

Seokjin and Taehyung walk side by side to the break room without exchanging a word, and once they're alone, Taehyung folds his hands in front of him and looks at his elder. “Hyung, I know about you and Namjoon. You might be able to fool Dr. Lee, but you can't fool me.”

Seokjin clasps his hands together and looks at the coffeepot, which suddenly became very interesting. “I don't know what you're talking about.”

“Hyung.” Taehyung sighs and chooses his words carefully. “I'm good at analyzing people, and I saw how nervous you got when our sunbae talked about Jimin sharing a room with Namjoon. It wasn't just because of how they are as people, was it?” When Seokjin doesn't answer, Taehyung takes a step closer to him and lowers his voice. “I won't tell anyone. Is there something going on between you and Namjoon?”

Seokjin sighs and closes his eyes. “Yes. We have feelings for each other. I want to get him out of this place so we can really be together.”

Taehyung places a hand on Seokjin's shoulders and waits until he's look at him before he speaks. “Hyung, I don't think that's possible right now.” He studies Seokjin and squints. “You're scared. Did something happen?”

“Can I trust you to keep it a secret?” Taehyung is highly shocked when Seokjin speaks immediately, but he simply nods an even glances back to make sure the door is closed. “He told me he was having visions of doing to me what he did to his female victims, and there are voices in his head telling him to kill me. But he said he doesn't want to kill me. He wants to keep me safe. But when we were having sex this morning, his hands kept going up to my throat, and he got this crazy look in his eyes. But it will be okay if we just change his medications, right? It has to be okay.” There are tears in his eyes now, and they spill down his cheeks when he blinks.

Taehyung sits them down at the table and hands him a paper towel. “I'm going to sound blunt. It's not that simple, hyung. Doing what he did to all of those women was something that he did for over a decade. It started when he was a child.” He sighs. “I don't think you should see Namjoon anymore.”

“But I love him.” Seokjin's voice comes in a broken whisper, and his lower lip quivers.

“I know you do, hyung. I know.” Taehyung gently squeezes Seokjin's hands. “I'm worried about you. I think you're still vulnerable because of what happened to Youngjae, and part of you sees him in Namjoon. That makes you want to protect him in a way that's more than how a doctor should want to protect their patient.”

Seokjin looks deep in thought, so Taehyung stays still, even breathing quietly to give the older time to think this through clearly. Finally, after a long silence, his eyes meet Taehyung's. “I think you're right. I didn't think of that before, but you might be absolutely right. I want to save Namjoon because I couldn't save Youngjae.” He shakes his head slowly. “But I told Namjoon that he's not too far gone to be saved, and I truly believe that.”

“I believe it, too. I've seen him around the hospital, when he interacts with other patients and the doctors and nurses. He's starting to make a turnaround, and you had a huge hand in that.”

“But he might fall apart if I stop seeing him. He could have a complete meltdown and hurt himself, or worse...” His voice trails off. “What am I supposed to do?”

Taehyung leans forward slightly. “You're still pretty close with, ah, Yoonki, right?”

“His name is Yoongi, and yes, we're housemates. He's my best friend.”

“My apologies, it's been awhile.” Taehyung smiles a little. “The two of you are obviously close, and you help each other. Let him help you through this, because he knows you better than I do.”

“Yeah. You're right.” Seokjin nods and wipes the last vestiges of tears from his cheeks before standing up and discarding his damp paper towel in the trash can. “I'm going to go home and talk to him now. Thank you, Taehyung. I'll see you tomorrow.”

“I'm glad I could help.” Taehyung stands too, and the two men exchange a bow before going their separate ways. After Taehyung's last group therapy session of the day, he, too, makes his way home, hoping with all of his heart that Seokjin does the right thing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jungkook smirks to himself. It seemed like his daily appointment with Dr. Kim had gone well, because he hadn't judged the wheelchair-bound man when he'd relived the day of the hot balloon incident and the powerful sex he'd had with Jimin. If anything, it seemed like the doctor was supportive of him.

He felt like he could really open up to the doctor, and for that he was grateful, because there have never been very many people in his life that he felt he could open up to.

He's brought out of his thoughts when a soft groan comes from Jimin's side of the room. Jungkook looks over to see the older male roll over onto his side, eyes heavy and lips parted and still kiss-swollen. “Jungkook?” he asks, his voice cracking in the middle of the word. “What the fuck did you do to me, and can we do it again?” He sits up slowly, eyes fully opening until Jungkook can see that they're bloodshot and glazed over with sleep and lust.

Jungkook scoffs. “That was a punishment. You're not supposed to like it. So no, we can't do it again unless you fuck up again.” He rolls his eyes and tilts his head to the side. “Which, if we're being honest, you are very likely to do. So knowing you, it won't be long at all.”

“How did I fuck up?” Jimin rises from the bed, angry now. “I thought I was never going to see you again when I got put in this damn place. How the fuck was I supposed to know you'd go off your meds and do stupid shit that got you in here?” His shoulders are hunched and his hands are clenched into fists at his sides. “Hoseok was all I had. You left me. You fucking left me, and I fucking hate you!” He screams wordlessly, and before Jungkook can have a chance to react, Jimin's left fist collides with his nose, whipping the younger's head back. He doesn't flinch when the bones and cartilage in Jungkook's face crack, and, using a strength fueled by rage, he lifts Jungkook out of his chair and flings him to the ground, watching him slide across the old laminate flooring until his head collides with the wall.

“Jimin--” That's all Jungkook can get out before Jimin kicks him hard in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him and making him groan. He kicks the younger a few more times before straddling his chest, holding his arms down with his legs as he rains down blow after blow on his face, Jungkook's head whipping from side to side with the force of each blow.

“I hate you! I fucking hate you, Jeon Jungkook!” Jimin screams over and over, punctuating each word with a punch. Just when he's rearing his hand back to deliver a devastating blow to Jungkook's jugular vein, he's grabbed from behind and hauled away from the lifeless man on the floor, kicking his legs and clawing at the strong arms that are holding him. “Let me go! Let me fucking go!” He head butts whoever is holding him, and instantly the grip is released. Jimin runs back to Jungkook, glancing back to see that the man is incapacitated, and delivers one final hit to Jungkook's throat. He watches with a sick, twisted satisfaction as Jungkook's eyelids flutter closed and his head lolls to the side.

This time he doesn't fight back when the orderlies grab him and drag him from the room. Seeing Jungkook's lifeless body is enough to calm him down.

Jungkook struggles to breathe, his trachea swelling to fill his entire throat. Soon, he can't get any air in at all, and he lies helplessly as, through barely open eyes, he sees Jimin's face covered in blood and his knuckles swollen and bruised. The older male's satisfied smirk is the last thing Jungkook sees before everything fades to an endless black.