{10}

My heart started to pump faster and faster as my plan replayed in my head. I was growing anxious. Maybe this isn't a good idea... but at the same time, it's not like she'll know it's me.

     That's when I saw the blue dress from behind. My heart completely skipped a beat. I can do it I can do it I can do it, I continued to tell myself. My hand fell onto her shoulder, spinning her around and like an arrow hitting a bullseye, I successfully landed my lips against hers.

     I pulled back ready to run, but I completely stiffened in fear. Just from the second glance, I realized this Dorothy wasn't Soomi. This Dorothy was a googly-eyed freshman girl who attended the same school I did. Her face was fire truck red, but soon split into a squealing mess.

     "Sorry, I didn't mean-" I tried to tell her, but the younger girl only pressed her finger to my mouth.

     "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore..." The girl slid her hand behind my head, but I ducked just in time to escape her lips coming at mine for more.

     "Sorry, I don't have a heart! I'm the tin man!" I told her as I squeezed away. After I was a few feet away, I glanced back to see the not-Soomi-Dorothy following.

     "Omg, the drummer is so hot!" I heard a familiar voice say. Soomi. I whipped my head to the side to see her dancing with a couple of her friends, dressed in slutty versions of characters from The Wizard of Oz.

     I cleared my throat before speaking. "Hey, Soomi." My voice was lowered to try and mask my identity. Soomi turned to find the source of the voice when I held her face in my hands to kiss her properly.

     It was even more magical than I had expected. This has been my wish for almost three years now, and I'm finally achieving it. Right here. Right now.

     Once I pulled away, I was prepared to sprint. However, the collar of my metallic-looking jacket was clutched in Soomi's fist.

     "MARK LEE!" she fumed. I could almost see the smoke blowing out of her ears in rage.

     My heart was racing so fast it could win first place in a marathon. This is it, I thought. This is the day I die.

     "Markie!" I could hear the freshman calling out my name. "This twister is coming back for round two!"

     "Dammit!" I cursed, yanking myself free from Soomi's grasp. That's when I ran and ducked through flailing arms and swaying bodies fast than I ever have before.

     Every few steps, I would glance back. The two Dorothy's were on their way, but I seemed to be losing them little by little. I finally was able to break free of the crowd and run to my friend group. I collapsed onto the couch in between Jueun and Chenle.

     "No matter what happens, or who comes running up, I've been here for a solid twenty minutes," I told the two while gasping for air. This suit was way stuffier than I expected.

     "Mark Lee! You will explain what just happened!" Soomi boomed, stomping up to the couch I was pressing myself against. She bent over to look at me face-to-face. "What was that?" she harshly asked through clenched teeth.

     "What do you mean?" I let out a nervous laugh. "I've been here this whole time."

     "Then how do you explain the tin man that just kissed me?" Her eyes narrowed to cold slits.

     I let a small smile slip onto my face. "I see you're blushing," I boldly announced. "Must've been a decent kiss then?" I don't know where this sudden courage came from.