{17}

Johnny's P.O.V

"I still can't believe this-" I muttered under my breath as I crept up the stairs, ending it by shaking my head in frustration. Hyunji was close beside me while G-Dragon trailed behind, almost tripping on every step. I offered for him to stay at the bottom level, but he insisted of coming.

"Let's just get the water quickly so we can get this over with," Hyunji shuddered.

"Do you think I should... I don't know," I paused. "Should I drink something so I can see the ghost? I can be the one to kill it."

"I mean, you might be a better bet than G-Dragon." She kept her voice low while glancing back to the host clumsily following us to the drink table. "But you might lose you strength in senses... Not that you had much in the first place."

I loved that moment, seeing Hyunji crack a joke and even snicker a little in the midst of danger. I nudged her away with my elbow playfully.

"Hey, be nice," I joked.

She let her smile slowly fade as she concentrated on the task at hand. "If you think it'll help us out, then I'm not stopping you from drinking. It's your morning hangover, not mine."

"A hangover is the least of our problems."

A screech broke out from behind us as a glass bottle fell to the floor in front of the drink table. G-Dragon began backing away, completely terrified.

"GET IT AWAY!" he shouted. "KILL IT!"

Another bottle came flying from the table and smashed to the ground. Hyunji gasped, jumping away from the alcohol and pulling me back as well.

"I think it heard me talking about drinking so I could see it." I dodged yet another bottle. "This little kid is one smart ghost. It's probably trying to stop anyone else from getting drunk."

"Ohmygod!" Hyunji started breathing heavily. I could feeling her muscles tense beside me. Hyunji's head whipped to the side as a shadow started to walk up the stairs.

Ten appeared by himself, looking around with eyes as wide as saucers. I dashed towards Ten to push him out of the way of a flung bottle. He landed on the ground with a soft thud, and I ended up hovering above him.

"You're such an idiot!" I felt a burning sensation in my stomach seeing him again.

"I wanted to make sure you're okay!" Ten yelled right back to me even though we were only inches away from each other's faces.

"Why don't you make sure your new guy is fine?!"

Another shatter filled the air.

"Johnny, I'm not with Taeyong!"

"I saw you kiss him!"

Ten's eyebrows lowered in confusion like he didn't know what I was talking about. Don't act like it never happened, I growled in my head, but Ten's expression softened into a sort of realization.

"Johnny, it isn't what you think... I promise... I'll explain everything." Ten looked into my gaze. I tried to find a hint that he's lying just to try and save our relationship, but I couldn't find anything to show that he wasn't being truthful. I began to feel a pinch of guilt in my stomach for acting so harsh.

But he still hasn't explained what happened, so how am I supposed to know if everything really is okay?

"WE'RE KIND OF GOING TO DIE!" G-Dragon called to get our attention. I quickly rolled off of Ten.

Glass shattered against the banister by the staircase, sending chunks flying in every direction. A squeal of pain erupted from Hyunji as her knees gave out on her. Through her tights, dark red began to crawl over her legs coming from deep slits. Some of the glass must have shot in her direction and cut her legs. Her trembling hands tried to touch one of the openings, but she pulled back and sucked in a sharp breath.

"We need to get the fuck out of here!" She managed to yell through clenched teeth. I scrambled to my feet, running over to her.

"Ten, get her other side," I ordered, sliding my arm around her back. Ten helped her up from her left and we started for the stairs. G-Dragon pushed passed us and dived down the stairs, ending with him tripping and rolling down the rest of the way.

     Hyunji found it hard to walk with the cuts stinging her, but with us both holding her up she was able to cope with less weight on her legs. Her jaw was clenched and I could tell in her tense face that it hurt like hell.

I snatched a stray water bottle from the table and hurriedly moved Hyunji away from bottles crashing to the floor and down the stairs.