So Being A Greek Sucks

Quote of the Chapter

"To Live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" Friedrich Nietzsche 

Song of the Chapter 

Iridescent ~ Linkin Park 

MAGNUS CHASE SPOILERS! WARNING 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magnus Chase just got permission from the Valhalla manager to leave for the day and go hang out with his cousin and her boyfriend, Magnus invited Alex Fierro his gender fluid crush who during a flyting with Loki announced he had a crush on in front of the entire enemy army and his friends. But Alex said he was still thinking about whether or not he wanted to be in a relationship with Magnus. 

Anyway he decided to go all the way to New York and hang out with his cousin, he was sitting in a small cafe thinking about Alex when suddenly he heard his name being called. He looked up and saw his cousin walk in hand in hand with her boyfriend, whom according to Annabeth was some what of a legend to the Greeks and Romans alike. 

Percy Jackson shot Magnus a smile as Annabeth hugged her cousin. The two guys shook hands as the three demigods sat down. 

After a handful of hours of filling in Percy and Annabeth the two seemed happy that he succeeded. 

"Been there twice now bro, good job saving the world. Sucks doesn't it?" Percy said as he took a bite of his muffin. 

"Understatement of the century." Magnus muttered as Annabeth smirked and Percy laughed. 

"So who is up for a real meal, I am starving." Percy announced. Magnus looked at him amused as Annabeth sighed with irritation. 

"Seaweed brain you devoured like twelve muffins." Annabeth exclaimed. 

"It was more like twenty." Magnus interjected. 

Percy shot the young son of Frey an amused glare. "Fine I guess the hero of Olympus can die by starvation than." 

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Way to be dramatic Percy. But fine we can go as long as you pick the place and no cheeseburgers you had them for dinner last night." 

"But Annabeth!" Percy whined as Magnus laughed, the trio hitting the bustling streets of New York as Magnus walked slightly ahead of the love stricken couple, listening to them argue that a cheeseburger is the best meal of choice for a growing demigod.

Mangus was to caught in his own thoughts that he barely  heard the explosion on the next block. 

He saw two blurs fly by them, realising that it was his cousin and her boyfriend, swords in hand as the ran. 

"Wait up guys!" Magnus shouted. 

"The mortals we have to protect them!" Percy shouted back as he jumped over a sliding car and kept running. Magnus caught up to Annabeth who muttered. "Show off." 

The two cousins saw Percy fighting some empousa. Magnus summoned Jack who saw Percy wielding Riptide with precision only a master could wield. 

"Riptide! Oh man she is so gorgeous, Magnus how do I look?" His magical sword asked him. 

"You would look better with some monster dust on you?" Annabeth suggested.

"Great idea Annabeth!" The sword replied before rushing into the fray. 

Magnus hung back watching his sword and his energy levels, before he got shoved from behind and he heard a sickening squish and a sound he never wanted to hear again. A scream of pain from his cousin, a sword impaled her stomach. 

"Annabeth!" Percy yelled as the earth shook, he stabbed the last monster around himand ran to them. 

Just as the monster was about to kill Magnus Jack's sword tip (his head?) Magnus shook his head not a thought he needed at the moment. 

The monster dissolved into a dark yellow as Magnus crawled to his cousin and called on the powers of his father the Norse god of summer and healing.

As he healed Annabeth one of her memories fought into his head. 

Annabeth was holding Percy's hand, he looked like he was a ghost, his form shimmering. He turned to face her and Magnus gagged. Percy's eyes were sunken in and he looked like he had been dead for a while. 

"Come on Beth maybe Bob and Damasaen will meet us at the doors." Percy said as Annabeth swallowed hard, not quite understanding how he remained so positive even thought they were in Tartarus. 

Magnus watched through Annabeth's eyes as the primordial god of the pit himself appeared and a giant and a Titan fought him the two ended up in a elevator as they rocketed upwards. Percy and Annabeth holding the door shut, Percy's eyes glowed with anger and grief as he lost two friends to the pit himself as Ananbeth mouthed the words. Say hello to the sky and stars for me again. 

Magnus got pulled out of the memory as tears streaked down his face as the two embraced, Magnus watched the two Greek demigods hug and he stared at them in awe. Not comprehending how they were still sane. 

The two looked over at Magnus  as he recalled Jack to his necklace, blackness threatened his vision as his energy was gone but before he passed out he said. 

"So being a Greek sucks, huh?"