Chapter 6

Chapter Six

With that last syllable ringing through his head, clashing like ocean waves against his soul, Ren sat there on the floor, rooted to his spot unmoving. Shouta watched, biting his lip, waiting for any type of response. As they both stared at each other, their eyes motionless, both of them remembered that fateful encounter from a month ago.

"Hey Ren, it seems like we ran out of milk, can you go buy some?" Akira was staring at the empty fridge with a confused look on her face. "I know we just had some in here yesterday, where did it all go?"

Ren stared at Akira with one eyebrow lifted, chewing on the piece of toast he had in his hand. His auburn hair was ruffled and unkempt, as if he had just woken up. But the truth was, since it was Sunday, Masaki didn't have preschool so he had slept in. After drinking a lot the night before, he had a slight hangover and could feel that his responses were delayed. He seemed to have remembered drinking something when he got home, had it been the milk?

Thinking this, he realized that he probably was the reason why they were completely out of milk for the customers.

"My bad.." Ren muttered after he swallowed his bite of toast. Akira lifted her eyebrow at him, and looked as if she didn't know what to say.

"Whatever," she grumbled, shaking her head, blonde hair bouncing, "just go get some milk please."

"Yes, yes, I'll be back." Ren muttered under his breath and sighed before leaving the cafe to go buy some milk.

Grumbling the entire way about his headache and why he would even think about drinking all that milk after being drunk, Ren made his way to the grocery store. Once there, he decided he would go get some medicine from the pharmacy so he headed over that way. Waiting in line to get the medicine, Ren was relieved when he finally was able to talk to the pharmacist.

After receiving the medicine, Ren smiled to himself and went to go get the milk he originally came for. However, as he turned around the corner to that aisle, he collided harshly with someone. That someone fell completely over onto their butt, as did Ren.

Still groggy, Ren rubbed his aching head and looked up and over to bright teal eyes. The young man he had run into was a handsome man with light brown hair that faded up, leaving bangs and hair long enough to pull into a bun. His bright eyes were like looking into the ocean after a long day, relaxing and somewhat lonely.

"I'm so sor-" Ren didn't finish his sentence as it had finally hit his nose. There was a scent assailing his nostrils that he had never smelled before. It smelled like fresh baked cookies with the small flare of spice in it.

Shit, Ren thought belatedly, an Omega in heat.

He felt his body heat up at that scent, and his heart pounded in his chest. Not being able to take his eyes off of that handsome face before him, Ren just stared with his mouth agape. Shouta did the same, his eyes widening as he felt his own body heat up even more than it was.

Shouta was on the last few days of his heat, and his body had calmed down enough for him to stop by the pharmacist to grab his own medicine as to not bother his parents. But at the sight of this man, and the feel of his skin against his, his heat came flaring back. His breath came out in gasps and his face flushed red.

Ren shuddered visibly, his pupils contracting as Shouta's pheromones became stronger with each breath he took. Customers in the aisle began to chatter around them, even they were beginning to smell the leaking pheromones. If Shouta was not moved away from a public place, then there was a high possibility of attracting more alphas than just Ten could take care of.