Chapter 4

The Past

Chapter Four

Ren groaned and ran a hand over his tired face. He was so sick of these last minute meetings he had to do, he just wanted to be done with everything ever evolving Koutarou. He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, remembering three years ago as if it was yesterday.

Koutarou had been living with him, claiming he had nowhere else to go in such a big city. Still depressed about Kichirou, Ren had said yes and a few days later, Koutarou had moved in, just like when they were in college.

For the first couple months, Ren had thought that it was going well, that he could use Koutarou again to forget his loneliness. They continued to live together even after Misaki was born, but that had been the hand that had pulled the mask from the lie.

Three years ago, Ren and Koutarou had gotten into an argument. Koutarou had started it.

"Why do you keep going to the hospital? It's not like that child is yours! Just move away with me and forget that man!"

"I can't. I like my life here and wouldn't leave even if I wanted to."

"You're so goddamn stubborn. This is why no one will ever love a man like you."

Several months after that conversation, Ren had learned that Koutarou had constructed a plan that had begun even before Koutarou had moved in with him. Apparently Koutarou had hated life after breaking up with him all those years ago and under the thought of not wanting to be miserable by himself, he had devised a plan to ruin Ren's life.

Koutarou had investigated Ren's life and, after talking to several people in the area, he had found a young beta male that was one of Ren's younger students. This student was only fifteen at the time, in the same grade as Hana and Akira. Coming from a poor family, the student was on a hunt for easy jobs to be able to help pay for his younger siblings. When Koutarou had offered him a large amount of money to help him with his plan, the young man had agreed.

Koutarou and the young man then entered an agreement. This agreement was that Koutarou would get to have sex with the young man as many times as he wanted, he would take ponography pictures of the boy, videos and anything that could be used as blackmail. Under this agreement, the fifteen year old also became pregnant.

Waiting until the boy was showing and too far to turn back in the pregnancy, Koutarou had released all the videos to the police. Since Koutarou had never been shown in the pictures or videos, and because the boy had been told to only ever cry out Ren's name, all the evidence pointed toward Ren as a rapist.

That very day, the police had come to the high school and had picked up both Ren and the young boy. Koutarou then spread rumors throughout the school, defaming Ren's reputation by using the money his parents had given him after their death. Finding out that the young boy was pregnant, Ren was shocked, and at the same time, disgusted. Who would do such a thing?

The boy stuck to his agreement with Koutarou and claimed that the bruises and the baby inside him were all because of Ren. Ren denied these claims vehemently, however, the police did not have enough evidence and had to let him go to continue investigating. They were able to do a test that Koutarou had not calculated into his plan, and that was the in vitro paternity test.

This test was used to determine paternity during pregnancy using amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling, the same medical procedures used to test a fetus for diseases. But those procedures were sometimes invasive and carried a small risk of inducing a miscarriage, so they were rarely used for paternity testing. However, because of the young man's age, and that he was in the middle stages of pregnancy, the police decided that this was the best course of action. These tests had been developed in the recent years to make it easier for omegas to determine who their children's fathers were if they were raped. After several years, the tests were able to become completely non-invasive due to being able to tell the baby's paternity just by taking a blood sample from the mother.