Bonding Time

The rest of the day pasted quickly. We had a late lunch and Nate, Iz and I watched a movie while Cory and Tony had homework. Jono joined us when he got home and we ordered in pizza for dinner.

A WEEK LATER 

I woke up early and groaned. It was 5:30! I tried getting back to sleep, but nothing worked. With a sigh I sat up, rubbing my face with my hands. 

I threw on a black t-shirt and dark wash, low hanging jeans.  

I quietly made my way downstairs, hoping not to wake anyone up. I made it into the kitchen and saw Iz sitting at the kitchen bench.  

She had her elbows on the table, with her hands cupping her forhead as she rubbed her temples. She was looked down at the table, where she had a cup of water sitting.  

I saw a tear fall, splatting on the table. I quickly made my way over to her, gently turning her head towards me. She jumped slightly in fright but relaxed when she saw me.  

"What's wrong?" I asked softly.  

"It hurts," she whimpered, gesturing to her head.  

I pulled her towards me, holding her head to my chest with my hand.  

"Shhhh," I cooed, "It's fine, it'll pass. Have you taken anything for it?"  

I felt her shake her head slightly, "There is none left." 

"Okay," I said pulling back slightly, "I'm going to go get someone to go get some panadol," I said quietly, kissing her forehead before swiftly making my way upstairs. I made to the top of the waits and saw Nate coming out of his room in running gear.  

"Hey, What's up?" Nate asked when I looked at him.  

"Iz is sick, can you go and get some panadol or something to help?" I asked 

"Yeah sure, whats wrong?" he asked worriedly. 

"She has a bad headache," I replied making my way down stairs with him.  

He grabbed his keys bride quickly making his way out the house.  

I made my way beck to where Iz still sat, grippin her head.  

I made my way to the cupboard and made her a cup of peppermint tea before going back ad wrapping her in my arms.  

"Come up to your room. Nate has gone to get you some panadol," I whispered, guiding her up to her room, Tony's old room. After a lot of resistance from her, she finally agreed to get her own room so Tony's now bumping with Cory.  

I softly placed her in her bed, tucking her in, before I sat on top of the covers. 

I pulled her head onto me, my legs acting like a pillow. Stroking her hair softly, she begain to relax. 

It wasn't long until Nate quietly came in with the pills and a glass of water.  

I helped Iz up slowly and she gladly swallowed the pills. Nate took the glass from Iz and she snuggled back into bed.  

I stroked her hair lightly, Nate sitting down on her desk chair, until her light snores filled the room. 

"Thanks," I said quietly to Nate.  

Nate nodded. "No problem," he whispered back, staring at Iz with a weird expression.  

I gentally picked up Iz's head and placed it on a pillow, before getting out of bed and gesturing Nate to follow me out the door.  

We headed downstairs and into the kitchen. I made us a bowel of cereal before plinking down at the kitchen bench. We ate in silence, both stuck in our thoughts.