Out Of All People, It Was Her

I woke up to the sound of someone running. I got up quickly and found Iz frantically searching for something with her hand over her mouth. She spotted the bathroom and dived to it. I heard her heave as something hit water. I quickly ran in after her and found her hunched over the toilet bowl throwing up. I grabbed her hair in a bunch to hold it away. She tried to shove me away and said," Go away. You don't have to watch this." She throw up again and I mumbled, "Not likey."

We spent about 10 minutes there until she got up and washed out her mouth. "Thank you," she whispered turning to me. I pulled her into a hug and tucked her head under my chin. She started to sob. "Shh," I cooed, "It will all be okay. We will help you." I hugged her tightly until she calmed down. I pulled away so I could look at her. I wiped away her tears with my finger while saying, "We will get through this." She smiled sadly whispering gratitude,"I'm sorry to just drop this on you."

I shook my head, "Don't be. Come on, Let's have some breakfast." I grabbed her hand and led her to the kitchen where I order her to take a seat at one of the bar stools. I got out two bowls and some cereal in them. I handed one to her and she thanked me. "So," she casually said, "What have you guys been up to?"

I shrugged,"Not much. Cory and I now go to College and Tony's still in High school."

She smiled. It was the first time in years I have seen her smile. "What about you? How's school?" I asked. She looked away avoiding my gaze. "Um.. Well..." she looked around the room frantically and then her gaze fell on her bowl, which she hadn't touched, "So... this cereal is amazing. What type is it?" she said quickly, avoiding my question. I looked at her. Did she really think I was going to not notice? "One," I said firmly, "You have not taken a bite if cereal." she quickly pick up her spoon and shoved a spoonful in her mouth, "But I knew it was going to be good?" she said, it sounding like a question. I raised a eyebrow at her, "Really?" she slumped in her chair. "Don't avoid my question. How's school?" I lifted her chin so I could look her in the eyes but she pulled it out and didn't meet my gaze. "Izabelle" I said using her full name.

Shs sighed looking at her hands,"Dad pulled me out a while ago," she mumbled.

"What?!" I yelled slamming my hands on the table and shoving my chair back. She whimpered and moved away from me. The chair went down with a loud crash and a sleepy yet alert Cory came rushing through the door. He had his fists up ready to punch. "Who's there?" he mumbled menacingly. Iz laughed a little at his expression,"No one. Nothing happened, go back to bed."

He sighed and his sleepiness over whelmed him as he slumped against the door frame. "Then what was with the noise?" he grumbled.

I was fuming and I felt like I could explode. What the hell did dad think he was doing? Iz looked up at me, warily and then Cory followed his gaze. "Wow, dude. Who killed who?" he paused looking between us," What happened?"

There was a silence with me looking at Iz, Iz looking at me and a confused looking Cory switching his gaze between us. "Nothing," she mumbled looking down. I clenched my fist. "Lossing your education is nothing? God," I said, disbelieveing," What could be worse then that?"

"You have no idea," she mumbled sadly as tears welled in her eyes.

"What do you mean 'losing her education'?" Cory asked looking at her curiously.

"Dad pulled her out," I growled,"No wait he isn't my father anymore." I added.

"he freaking did what?" Cory screeched.

"Guys forget it," Iz mumbled getting up, "It's no big deal."

I looked at her face, pleading me to stop. I sighed, "We'll talk about it later," I warned her, "Why don't you go have a shower and get ready for the day." she nodded and walked past Cory to get to the stairs. I slumped into her chair as mine was now on the floor. Cory walked over and grabbed 2 cups of coffee and handing one to me. "Thanks," I muttered. I took a sip and rubbed my temples as the warm coffee slid down my throat. "Shit," I cussed.