What's Best For Her

It was 6ish when we got back. I helped her to put her bags up in my room. She was very quiet and did speak a word. We put her many bags into her cupboard before turning to leave. On our way down the stairs she said, "I'm cooking."

I looked over at her and saw her slightly drawn face and red eyes. Shaking my head I replied, "No you're tired."

"Nope," she said firmly,"It's the least I can do. There no arguing on this, Chris."

I sighed as we walked into the kitchen and she went straight to the fridge and cupboard to see what we had. "Fine," I huffed, sitting opposite her watching. She stood with her head stuck in the cupboard for a few minutes, thinking. She brought out some noodles and spices, then walked over to the fridge bringing out some meat and a variety of different vegetables. She started to chop them up into small pieces. She chucked them all into a frying pan with the noodles and waited for them to cook. As she waited she went through all the cupboards in search for something. Once she found the plates she picked out 5 bowls, placing them in a row on the kitchen bench. "You do know there is five guys living here, right?" I said quizzingly.

Iz nodded and gave me a funny look, "Yes," she said carefully.

"Then why do you only have 5 plates out?"

"Because there is five of you?" she stated like a question.

"What are you going to eat?"

She shrugged, "I'm not hungry."

"I don't care if your not hungry," I said firmly,"You have to eat something. You haven't eaten all day."

"I'm not hungry," Iz persisted,"and I don't wanna be any more of an incoveniace. Also I usually don't eat that much."

"You're eating. There's no choice in it." We had a staring war for a few minutes before she sighed, grabbing another bowl and putting it on the table hard, "Fine, happy?" she said angrily,"I'm not hungry though."

I shrugged, a small victory smile creeping onto my face. She saw it and scolded at me. Once Iz had served everything out, I called the guys down and we sat down at the table. When everyone had taken their seat, we dug in. "Oh my God," Nate said through a mouthfull of stir-fry looking at Iz, "This is so good." He turned to us and said,"I love your sister. She can stay as long as she wants."

"Ummm," Jono mumbled, through his food, "I second that."

Cory, Tony and I laughed and Iz gave a small smile. We had all finished and Iz got up and was about to take everyone's plate when I looked at hers. I waved her off, "You finish eating. I'll do the dishes."

She continued stacking the plates and said, "Don't worry about it, I'm done."

Cory can her a stern look,"Uuh, do you really think we're that stupid. We all know that you haven't touched your food."

She picked up the plates but I took them off her. "I have," she protested. We all stared at her, unbelieveingly, "Okay, fine, I didn't. But I wasn't hungry. Chris just made me have some."

Tony lent back in his chair and put his hands behind his head," Well, we'll just have to sit here and wait till you're hungry enough to finish that small plate of food."

She flopped down on to her chair grudgerly, and picks her fork up with distaste. She twirls some noodles around her fork and with a sigh shoves it into her mouth. It took her half an hour to finish the small plates she had in front of her. When she had one last mouthful she put her fork down, shoved her plate away and eyed it. "I lituaelly can't finish that."

Nate laughed, "Seriously, that isn't even a whole mouthful."

Cory chuckled,"Same old Izzy. Can never finish the last bit. But this time you're going to finish it." He pushed the plate towards her and she looked at me pleadingly. I shook my head smiling "Dont even try give me that face." she pouted and picked up her fork with a sigh. Extra slowly she twirled the noodles around her fork and put it in front of her face, givin it a death glare. We all laughed, "No matter how long you stare at it, it isn't going away." I pointed out. She glared at me then turned back to fork. Shoving it in her mouth, she chews, scrunching her face up in distaste. She swallows loudly as she glares at us. "Hey," I said, putting my hands up in surrender, "Don't give us that look."