Dragon Training

Toothless

Hiccup swiftly mounted me and we shot off to gather some dragons. He wanted ones that suited their personalities. We started with the one-legged guy with an interchangeable hand. He was a bit grumpy and boar headed but quite soft as well and I thought that a hotburple would be great for him.

"Hiccup, we should get a hotburple for Gobbler"

"You mean Gobber don't ya?" I just grunted at his remark. He snickered and switched my tail so I could fly faster. We spotted a hotburple by the forge- sleeping of course. We stopped by and Hiccup went to convince it to join us while I inspected the man-Gobber's leg. It looked like a simple wood one. Far more simple than Hiccup's leg. I wonder if I could eat it but I still didn't like this guy, he seems too friendly, but if Hiccup trusts him, then I may as well do the same. I mean I rely on Hiccup way too much anyway what would trusting him on this hurt?

We set about flying around our home to gather dragons. We found a zippleback that was way too excited to have a rider, well two in this case, than he should have been for the twins, er Runtbut and Tiffbit? A gronkle eagerly joined us for the large boy, Fisharms I think, I like him, he smells nice. However no dragon really suited the boy whom Hiccup hates and the girl he loves but won't admit it. Huh ironic, we can't find anything for love and hate. Almost as if fate wanted them dead.

We gathered our three musketeers and dragged them over for a wash because they stank. Bad. Really. Bad. And just as I was settling in to sleep, Hiccup calls me over.
"Oi- Toothless, come and heat this up, Bud. I need to wash them."
I groan but get up and set the little fireplace below the supposedly hot water source before settling back down on my stone in the next room over. I heard the hotburple protest with hollers and wails, the equivalent of a human screaming "bloody murder", as Hiccup and Booger tried to move him under the water. Rolling over, I groaned, this was going to be a long night.

Finally Hiccup cam and roused me- dodging my protest, a little ball of blue flame that is- and mentioned that we had still not found a dragon suited for either his hater or his lover. I wondered if we will search for them but judging by Hiccup's face I guess not.
"Hey Bud, I reckon we should just teach Astrid and Snotlout how to befriend a dragon before we try find a dragon for them"
I look at bike my my green eyes and murmer sleepily, "Whatever bites your flight, Hiccup", I get up and motion for him to get on the saddle so we can be off, "just don't make me have to kill someone." He looks at me and rolls his eyes before whistling for the three musketeers to follow us to a large clearing. I wonder Boggler went.

Astrid- morning, about the time Hiccup took off on Toothless to find dragons.

I woke up and to my surprise, found the place unguarded, Hookfang asleep near Snotlout and Gobber missing. Shit. We can't lose him, he's important. I get up and ignore the protest in my body from the lack of a proper bed and write a note for the others.

"Hey guys, I've just gone for a walk to find Gobber. Don't go anywhere or I will personally kill you if a dragon doesn't."

That'll do. I take my time walking out the cave, not like I can do anything if I get attacked- he took my weapons away. I slowly walked down the slope towards the ground, I looked longing at the exit but the two nadders watching me from the lookout perch made me ditch any thought of escaping. I quickly turned my back to them and continued walking, pretending I saw nothing.

As I rounded a bend I realised that I had a follower. A big one. It was a nadder, one from before. It was actually quite pretty when it looked at me like that, less like it wanted me to die and more like it was interested in me. Wait, did I just consider this beast pretty. Ugh, I rub my head in my hands, I must be sick.

I continued walking, nadder still following me. She has been for a while now and I guess she doesn't want to kill me right now. I reach a part in the bush I've been trudging through and see a gorgeous pond, too small for a dragon to live in and judging by the fact there was the hooded man drinking from it I guess it's safe to drink as well. I watch Hood as he fills up a flask and gets back on his dragon, looking me in the eyes before flying off. Damn, he saw me.

I kick my shoes off and dip them in the water after drinking for all I'm worth, my nadder follower drinking as well. It seems peaceful out here if you ignore the dragons. But none have attacked us yet so maybe we were wrong about them. No, don't be stupid Astrid, you aren't Hiccup. But maybe, just for once, he was right. I start weighing out my options as a zippleback jumps at me to attack. Shoot, this must be it's water source. I roll out of the way, ready to flee when all of a sudden my nadder friend leaps in front of and defends me against the green thing. I star feeling a bit dizzy and reach my hand up to my head, surprised to find something sticky on it. I bring my hand to my face and see it stained red with blood. My vision starts going blurry as I see he nadder triumph and the zippleback fly away before turning to me and running at me with a concerned look. She's about 5 metres away when my vision disappears almost on cue with the concerned squeak that leaves her jaws.

I'd like to add an A/N here saying I'm so sorry I disappeared on you, I guess I've been found now lmao but thank you for sticking with me and I promise I will keep to my once a week schedule from now on. Also I just realised I had 2k reads on this, thanks so much guys!