Chapter 5 Rose: Completed & Revised

Rose's POV

"No." I sighed and knelt beside him. "I no longer have any political value. You have nothing to gain from marriage to me, but the hatred of this country, and from my brother Roderick Belladonna. I am sorry." I stood and left the room leaving the prince sitting there shocked. I walked to my room shocked at what just happened. My little dragon did not show its self in the library, but as soon as we got to my room she hopped off my shoulder and started to fly in circles. Ignoring her and I walked straight to my bed and flopped face first on the unforgiving mattress. I laid there for a few minutes before there was a loud knock on my door.

"Come in!" I lay there feeling like I was going to cry.

"Are you okay?" The queen's voice drifted to me as swallowed my tears.

"I don't know." The bed moved as she sat down beside me.

"I told the king that his son could not marry you and yet he sent his son to marry you any way. I think he might be trying to start a war."

"Perhaps, but right now you have to act like it is no big deal. If he is trying to make you angry so you will act out. Do not let him get to you."

"You are very wise for someone so young. I think I will do just that. After all it was only a marriage proposal. Nothing to over react over." She stood up. "I will take my leave as you look as though you need some alone time. See you at lunch. Oh and the king and prince will be staying for a couple weeks. The roads are to treacherous with the rain over the mountains. We will also be having a ball on the ninth." With that she left me to my weird mood. I flipped onto my belly and started to cry. What is wrong with me? Why am I crying? I don't care about that stupid easy to manipulate dick! So why do I feel so bad? After hours of sitting on my bed feeling bad there was another knock on my door.

"Rose... May I come in?" It was Jason.

"Yeah." He opened the door as I was wiping off the tears on my face.

"What's wrong?" Jason sat beside me and pulled me into a hug.

"You know how William asked me to marry him? I told him I wouldn't marry him, and now I feel really bad. I don't know why, but I just do."

"Hey it is okay to feel bad about it. After all it was your marriage proposal." His voice was soothing.

"I should go home soon. My brother would be missing me. Its been over four years since I've seen him last." He nodded.

"Lunch will be in half an hour. You should change." His face light up. "Or you could wear that." He gestured to my fighting gear which I still had on.

"I would like to see the repulsed face, but I could get into trouble..." I hopped off my bed and ran to my closet. I picked out a white blouse and some black leather pants. "This could work just the same."

"Okay well I better go. You get ready and I'll see what is for lunch."

"Okay see you in half an hour." I quickly changed behind the screen after he left. I went into the bathroom to see my dragon trying to turn the knobs on the bathtub. I turned them for her. She hopped into the tub and started to splash around. I filled the tub near to the brim and I place a small wooden box into it was so she could get out if she wanted. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed my hair was a mess I quickly brushed it then laid it down carefully as a way cover to what of my boobs were not covered by the blouse. I walked out of my bathroom to find the man from the hallway lying on my bed.

"What the Fuck? Why are you in here?" I could feel the air start to move in my room. "Get. Out. Now." My voice was low but it moved through the room as if it was carried by the wind I created. The man lunged at me. I easily moved out of the way before jumping and kicking him in the back of the head. I ran and grabbed my dragon then ran down the hallway as I ran around the corner I ran into someone falling on my butt. My dragon started flying so she didn't hit the floor. Thank Gosh I don't know how to help her if she hurt herself.

"Ouch." I seen a hand reach to help me up. I took it.

"Are you alright? You look startled, Rose." Jason asked.

"There was-the man." I said in a rush.

"Catch your breath." I paused. then started over.

"The man from the hall was in my room. He attacked me. I think I might have killed him." I said as realization hit me. Dragon Riders are naturally strong then humans- The Protector even more so. Jason took my hand and we raced to my room. The door was still open so we walked in to find the guy laying in pool of blood.

"Oh my god. I killed him." The stench of blood caused me to gag. As I steeped out of the room the queen came walking down the hall.

"What is going on?" She asked me.

"A-a man h-he attacked me, a-and I k-killed him. It was an accident. I just meant to knock him out." I could feel a tear slip down my face.

"Now, now. You did what you needed to survive. None can blame you. I will cancel lunch with the king and prince."

"No. If you do it will just prove to them that you are scared. You have to show them that you are not. I think they may have sent the guy after me. I have no proof but..." I said rushed. They will not see us as weak.

"Okay, Jason send some guards to clean up this mess, and find Rose a new room." Jason nodded and ran off down the hall. "Come with me we will go to lunch, and we will wait for him there." We headed off to the dining room. when we walked in the king and the prince sat on opposite sides of the lengthy table.

"You failed in courting the princess. If you do not marry soon I will revoke your birth right. Find a princess to marry and soon." The queen made a load noise while stepping over to the table.

"Hello, King Derek. Hello Prince William."

"Hello Your Majesty. Hello Princess Rose."

"Princess. Rose what is he talking about?" As soon as I heard Jason's voice I grimaced.

"I am Princess Rose Belladonna of the Western kingdom. I'm sorry Jason."

"I am too." Jason turned and walked away. I ran after him.

"Jason! Jason wait!" Jason stopped walking, but didn't turn around. "I can explain...."

"Just don't." He snapped. Jason walked away from me. My vision shifted and I could see black spots floating around Jason as well as a golden hue being partially blocked out by the black spots. The black spots gave off a foreboding feeling while the gold gave off a relaxing feeling. It hit me, what I was seeing was his soul. So... what could those black spots mean?