Virgo

You are a student teacher at LHS Academy. You had just graduated and was starting to get the hang of things. You lived on campus since the academy provided dormitory for the students and teachers who weren't married.

You were running late today since you had overslept. You were paired up with a rather strict chemistry teacher. Alec Lansings was a person you considered uptight and a perfectionist. When you were paired up with him, the first thing he ever said to you was,

"You look unprofessional." You are a somewhat relaxed person. You dressed appropriate to your age group and acted more like a friend to the students than a teacher. Being a friend to students was more helpful to them as they felt more comfortable and was able to ask you questions more freely.

Alec disagreed always saying that students come to school to learn and not make friends. You two were always at odds with one another. You had entered the class and see Alec writing on the whiteboard.

"A teacher shouldn't be late, Ms L/n," he says never taking his eyes off the whiteboard. You apologize and start grading work. Since your teaching methods were so different, Alec kept you to grading the assignments instead. You have talked to him about it, but he always ignored you. The class had ended thirty minutes later, and you were prepping documents for the next class.

Alec was always particular about how things were done, and while you were organizing, he looked at you.

"You finally know how to do things properly." He would always make comments like this, but you always smiled.

"I know right?" You say with a smile. You would be lying if you said it didn't hurt, but he was your superior still. The next set of students came in and one rushed up to you.

"Ms L/n," she says frantically. "I forgot my notebook in my dorm. If you can excuse me real quick to go get it." You were going to say something when Alec comes to you two.

"You shouldn't have forgotten in the first place. Sit down and do your work on a loose leaf." The student groans and you give a pitying glance. You found his strict behavior annoying. You confronted him about it.

"Why are you like this?"

"Like what?"

"I see the look on your students. None of them is happy seeing you at all."

"My job is to teach them not be their friend. I think you should learn that as well."

"What is wrong with my methods?" You challenge him.

"You are too loose. You treat this all like some little game. I am surprised you even got a job here."

"Well, I apologize if I am not some stick in the mud like you. I'm telling you this because I know from personal experience that if you listen to your students, they will listen to you as well."

"Or abuse that power. I understand where you are coming from, but my way of teaching has so far been successful." You were going to say something, but the break was over. Conversations like this continued until Friday.

The teachers had all decided to go for a drinking party, and you were invited. Alec also came along partly because some older teachers made him. You were drinking when a teacher asked you.

"Have you considered switching teachers F/n." This was a topic that had been dwelling on your mind for some time. You were always given the opportunity to switch which teacher to shadow, but you stuck to Alec as you were hoping to get him to see things your way.

"I hope she does." You turn and see Alec. His face is slightly red, and you could tell he was tipsy. "The girl is so annoying." Alec goes on listing all his complaints. Some of the teachers laugh while others try to get him to shut up and comfort you.