Chapter 2- The Man Who Saved Central City

Start from the beginning

"Professor Stein, you are a genius." Cisco says.

"I believe that's already been well established." Stein says.

"Wow." I whisper.

***

Apparently everyone was needed in the cortex. Even Caitlin showed up. I still haven't come out of the vent yet, but we'll see what happens.

"Is it good news?" Iris asks as Barry walks into the cortex.

"I think so." Barry says.

"Henry's coming home?" Iris asks and she hugs Barry. "Okay, well... that still leaves Atom Smasher to deal with."

"Last time you faced him, it did not go well." Stein says.

"No, it did not. I clearly can't stop him by myself. So how are we gonna beat him?" Barry asks.

"Well, ever since I was shown a drained radiation tag, which I haven't been able to stop thinking about. Thank you, Cisco." Caitlin says.

"You're welcome, Caitlin." Cisco says.

"If this guy likes radiation so much, I say we give it to him." Caitlin says.

"I know the perfect thing to build." Cisco says. "I just need one thing..." He says, looking around the cortex and at the vent. I smile when he sees me.

"What?" Barry asks.

"A girl, about yay-high." Cisco says, putting his arm to around the height of his chest. "Brown hair, green eyes, freckled face."

"Has anyone seen Mack?" Caitlin asks.

"Not since..." Iris says and then no one says anything for a few seconds.

"Well, should we look for her?" Barry asks.

"We don't have to." Cisco says. "She's been here the whole time."

Cisco walks over to the vent and taps his foot against it. He opens it up and I crawl out.

"There she is." Cisco says and I give him a hug. "Ready to build something?"

I smile and nod my head.

***

"That light was perfect bait. What made you think of that?" Caitlin asks after we shine a light from the cortex with the Flash's symbol on it.

"I don't know, I think I saw it in a comic book somewhere." Cisco says.

We watch Barry's tracker on the computer screen.

"It's working, dude. Rothstein's following you." Cisco says.

"I must say, he's quite agile for a man his size." Stein says.

"Run, Barry, run." Joe says.

"Come on." Cisco says.

"Didn't think I could catch you, huh?" We hear Atom Smasher say.

"No, I knew you could." Barry replies. "Now, Cisco!"

Cisco pushes a button and a lot of alarms go off.

"The amount of radiation about to flood that room..." Caitlin trails off.

"Atom Smasher won't be able to absorb it all." Stein says.

"The radiation's been cleared. It's safe for you to go in." Cisco says.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't let you hurt anyone else." Barry says. "Why? Why did you want to kill me?"

"He promised he'd take me home... if I killed you." Atom Smasher says.

"Who? Who promised you that?" Barry asks.

"Zoom." Atom Smasher says before dying.

***

We're now having a welcome home party at Barry's house for his father. I was told to dress nice, so I'm wearing black leggings, converse sneakers, a nice blue shirt, my cross necklaces, and I even put a blue bow in my straight brown hair.

The door opened.

"Welcome home!" Everyone cheered as Mr. Henry Allen walked through the door.

A bunch of stuff happens. They cut the cake, we laugh and have fun, I even got Barry to hold me and lean me on his hip.

Then we hear the clinking of a glass and we all look at Professor Stein.

"Gather round, everyone, please. Looking at all of you, thinking how far we've all come, and remembering those who are no longer with us, I'm reminded of a Hebrew word used during times of graduation. Kadima. It means, "Forward." Forward." Stein says, raising his glass. "Forward. Forward. Forward. Forward. Forward. Forward. Forward." Everyone says, raising their glasses.

"Forwards." I say, holding onto Ronnie's cross necklace and laying my head on Barry's shoulder.

The party had died down a little and Caitlin, Cisco and I headed back to STAR. Barry said he would some later, after he talked to his dad.

***

We're in the cortex. Stein, Cisco, Caitlin, Iris and me. Barry and Joe walk in from talking in the hallway and Barry gives me a fistbump as I dangle my feet from on the desk.

"Hey!" Caitlin greets.

"Hey." Joe says.

"Hey, guess what? I added a little upgrade to your suit." Cisco says, shining a light on Barry's suit and it has the white flash symbol. "It's just like the one from the future newspaper Gideon showed us. I was thinking, you know, you shouldn't fear the future anymore, right?"

"No, and it'll be here faster than we think." Barry says.

"Well, see, I like it. The lightning definitely pops more against the white." Stein says.

And S.T.A.R. Labs is now safer than ever. Increased security and surveillance." Caitlin says.

"Re-coded, double firewalled, electronic lock sets. Nothing is getting through here without us knowing." Cisco says.

"So people can't just waltz in and out of here." Iris says.

"Exactly." Cisco says and a man enters through the doorway. Iris gasps and I jump off the desk and hide behind Cisco as my quakes hit the ground. "For real?"

"Stay where you are." Joe says, pointing his gun.

"Who are you?" Barry says.

"You don't know me, but I know you... Barry Allen." The man says.

"Take one more step, it'll be the last step you take." Joe says. "The man asked you a question. Who the hell are you?"

"My name is Jay Garrick, and your world is in danger." The man, Jay Garrick says. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked that chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment--feedback is always appreciated. Next chapter up WEDNESDAY

-MC