Chapter 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Balloon

-Empty cereal box

-Sponges

-Icing

-Oh yeah, an actual cake would be helpful. 

It was finally the day before Chris' party and Chase felt like a goddess. Each boy had a specialized prank for the day. No one would be safe from the long arm of the prank master. 

Since Max got all serious the atmosphere between the five had taken a more solemn turn. The boys were too worried about hurting Chase for their relationship to expand very much. The nights since were innocent and sweet and thoughtful and getting increasingly predictable and boring.

Chase was about ready to set fire to someone's hair just to see what would happen. 

When Michael walked out to the backyard Chase had spread herself onto their hammock. Eyes closed Chase enjoyed the heat radiating on her skin. Michael watched as the light breeze toyed with the ends of her hair glowing in the sun.

"You're blocking my sun," Chase murmured.

"Only because I didn't realize it belonged to you." Michael jumped into the hammock. The entire thing rocked almost throwing Chase to the grass beneath.

The depth of her laughter traveled up into Max's window where he was previously caught up in his book. He looked down into the yard to find Michael grasping the sides of the hammock while Chase bucked it trying to throw Michael into the dirt. 

"You know if I was doing this to you it would be considered abuse." Michael forced out straining to speak and stay on the hammock.

Chase rolled her eyes, "I'm not a piece of glass, and anyway you could just volunteer to get off," 

"That would be suggesting that this hammock, like the sun, belongs to you."

Chase wedged a foot under Mike.

"So you admit it? The sun belongs to me."

"I admit nothing demon!" Michael screams grabbing Chase's foot on his way into the dirt beneath the hammock.

Max can't help but laugh at their antics. Loving the free spirit that Chase has and the way she rubs off on his brothers. He stands at the window doing his best to ignore the dark corner of his study. Trying to forget the prophecies of the world that he left behind.

~~~~~

The sun falls lower on the house. Making the shadow cover the yard and extend past the fence. The shadows of the trees picking up where the house leaves off.

Chris is sitting in his room the needs of his mates poorly disguised. Dying to release the tension that has been building for days with no end in sight. He leans his head against the cool window trying to ease his aching wolf. Max was in control and they all know it, so why wouldn't he take care of them. Ease the needs Chris knew Max felt too. He could see it in the way his eyes darken when any of his mates are in the same room. Could feel their urge to please him thought they know he would refuse.

Forehead against the window Chris whimpered as his cock ached thinking of the dark languid eyes of his mate. He knew better, knew not to touch himself. He knew what Max would do if he found out. He couldn't help it though thinking of Chase's and Max's encounter in the hall earlier that week. How would he just ignore the way her tits heaved pressed against Max's chest. The way his hips rolled slowly against hers, dragging a deep wet moan from the back of her throat. Chris could still see the need in her eyes as Max pulled back and walked away. Showing her exactly what he did to girls who tease.