Chapter One: Shoulda, Woulda, Couldn't

Start from the beginning

"C'mon, the guys are already there. The other bus is for Panic! at the Disco." Pete informs me, grabbing all but one of my bags and his own. I follow him with a single duffel bag in hand, biting my lip as a slight breeze throws my hair back.

Pete pulls open the door to the Fall Out Boy tour bus for me, waiting outside until I climbed in fully. I force a weak smile towards the driver as Pete reaches out to push the sliding door open.

"And so, they finally arrive." Patrick Stump, lead singer and best friend of Pete, smiles and shuts a novel in his hands loudly, speaking as if he was ending a narrative. Pete laughs at that, adjusting my Jansport backpack over his shoulder.

"What a greeting, 'Trick." Pete says, walking briskly to where I am guessing is the bunks after knocking off Patrick'e fedora. I watch and follow him, observing the area as he pushes my bags underneath my bunk at the bottom. He straightens slightly and grabs my last bag, sliding the Adidas duffel bag under.

"So, here's the plan," Pete seems to begin all his informational speeches like that, "for the next few months, you're under our rules. No alcohol, no drugs, and you have to promise to let one of us know if you're going out. Understood?" His rules were quite basic, but I agreed anyways. He smiles his blinding smile and reaches forward, ruffling my hair. He presses a quick kiss to my forehead.

"Love you, Cole," he grins.

"Love you, too, Pete." I mumble, earning an even brighter grin from him. He walks past me and into the back lounge where I'm guessing Andy Hurley and Joe Trohman were.

I meant it when I said I loved Pete. He is my brother, and regardless of what Derek Skinner has done, like messing with my head, I always will love my family. Even if I'm harbouring a dark secret that really needed to be released.

I glance at my bunk, seeing that it was fairly big. Enough room for me to actually sit without ducking my head. I see a fresh pillow perched against the wall and a clean duvet over the small mattress. I find a mini DVD player hidden in the top of my bunk that you can pull out and a mini bunk fan in a little basket on the wall parallel to where my head would be. All in all, this was actually a pretty good arrangement.

"You like it?" I hear from behind me. I flinch at the sudden voice and spin around, a hand over my chest. Patrick Stump stands there, his cheeks crimson red and his ears flushed. He pulls one hand out of his pocket and rubs the back of his neck.

"S-sorry if I scared you." He bites his lower lip and smiles at me. I nod, turning away from him as I put my Jansport bag onto my bunk hook.

"It's okay," I say so quietly, Patrick has to sort of strain to hear me. I turn back around to face him and sit down on my bunk bed. "And the bunk is nice."

"That's good. We got a bigger bus this time because last tour, Pete threw a bus party and it was way too cramped." Patrick smiles at me, pulling a curtain open on the bunk parallel to my own. I realize then that that's his bunk. I look down, letting my bangs fall over my face.

"Sound like Pete," I say.

"What's wrong, honestly, Cole? You're not the same happy girl I used to talk to a few months back." Patrick blurts out after a moment of awkward silence. My head shoots up at that, and I find myself staring right into those beautiful eyes that belong to Patrick Stump.

"Nothing's wrong. People change," I say defensively. Patrick rolls his eyes, something abnormal for the sweet boy to do.

"Not so drastically in two months."

And he was right. Patrick was the one that I always used to talk to the most whenever Pete visited us. I don't know, just something about us clicked instantly, and we were almost like twins. But that night, the night I came back from the nightmare party, I destroyed the relationship bridges halfway down the line with everyone. While they stood at the edge, reaching forward to pull me over, I kept my distance, staying just out of arm's reach.

So at that second, Patrick was straining his arm, trying to take my hand and pull me over to his side so we could patch the gap together. But I took a step back, keeping my distance because I didn't want to cause them anymore problems. I didn't want my weight to drag them down and make them fall through the crack. I didn't want them to hate me.

"I can't tell you." I whisper, my voice cracking. And this is the closest I'd ever let him get. His outstretched arm, him leaning over the gap in the bridge. His fingertips, brushing against my own for a fragment of a second before I jerk backwards and left him there, watching me disintegrate slowly, ever so slowly.

"Cole," Patrick starts, still trying, pleading. But I take another step back, pulling away, keeping my distance from the hole. And in reality, I pull my legs up and let my head hit the newly washed pillow.

"Bye, Patrick," I say, gripping the edge of the curtain draped over the side of my bunk. I flick my wrist easily and shut him out, physically and mentally.

First chapter! WOOO! If you're reading this, please please please please give me your feedback and if you like it, please don't hesitate to let me know and vote! If you like KickthePJ, danisnotonfire, AmazingPhil and crabstickz, I have a story called 'Different?' And I have like three Marianas Trench fics that are kind of discontinued. And finally, if you like All Time Low, I have a fic for them. Thanks a ton!

~LeaveNoWordsUnspoken