"You okay?" Lydia asked, pulling her friend up the front steps of the building.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Brooke shook the thought from her head and quickly recovered. "Just not looking forward to the amount of homework Harris is sure to be giving us."

Lydia laughed and pulled away from her friend once they were safely indoors. The warning bell rang and Lydia made her way towards her first class. "See you at lunch?"

Brooke nodded her head and made her way to her first period English class. Once inside, she noticed the two boys from earlier sitting beside each other in the sea of desks. Brooke inhaled deeply, but couldn't smell anything like she had earlier.

Making her way to the back of the class room, she couldn't help but frown. Had she just been imagining it earlier? Maybe she wasn't, and the boys just simply weren't the source of the problem. Her mind was so captured in her thoughts that she didn't even notice the boy with the buzzed hair wave at her when she walked past.

"Rejected!" Scott laughed as Brooke Moore made her way past them.

"Shut up! She might hear you," Stiles shushed his friend, leaning across the aisle to smack him on the arm. Brooke did in fact hear them, but chose to ignore it.

The final warning bell rang, and the boy with the shaggy hair flinched. Brooke leaned forward to watch him closer. He was only two rows in front of her, an empty seat separating them.

"As you all know, there indeed was a body found in the woods last night," Mr. Bowen said as he wrote something on the chalkboard. The two boys exchanged a knowing look, which did not go unnoticed by Brooke.

Brooke took out her phone to text her dad, barely catching her teacher say that the police had a suspect in custody.

Did you hear about the body found in the preserve?

Brooke opened a new message, debating whether or not to text Derek. Her fingers floated above the keyboard for a moment, but she wasn't sure what to say so she just put her phone away with a sigh.

Ignoring what the teacher was saying about the syllabus, Brooke turned her attention out the window to her left. She saw a girl with dark curly hair sitting on a bench, cellphone pressed tightly between her ear and shoulder.

Brooke tried to focus her hearing on what the girl was saying, but only managed to hear her say, "Oh my God, I didn't actually forget a pen," before an administrative worker brought her inside. A few seconds later, the girl was being brought into the same classroom Brooke was in.

"Everyone, this is our new student, Allison Argent," Mr. Bowen introduced her. The last name rang familiar in Brooke's ears, but she couldn't remember where she had heard it before. Allison quickly sat at the empty desk in front of Brooke, and the boy sitting in front of her turned around and gave her his pen.

No way, Brooke thought. This can't be happening.

Unfortunately, Brooke was soon pulled out of her thoughts by the sound of her teacher talking. Surprisingly to her, the class ended quickly and the students made their way into the halls as the bell rang. Allison was one of the first people out of the room, and Brooke quickly snatched up her bag and caught up with the girl.

"Cute boots," Brooke complimented as she fell into step with Allison.

"Oh, thanks!" she said. "I'm Allison- "

"Argent," Brooke said interrupting her. "I know, we have English together. I'm Brooke. Brooke Moore." She extended her hand and Allison shook it with a smile.

"Where are you headed to next?" Brooke asked. Allison handed her schedule. "Algebra 2 with Mr. Fort. Ugh, he's so boring, but don't worry his tests are easy."