Chapter 23-Of My Interest

Začít od začátku

She whispered, her voice cracking and she bit her lip after she did.

Did she hear my conversation with my dad?

No. She was sleeping. I shouldn't feel sorry. It's not like she had any interest of me.

"Do you?!"
She yelled.
"I know that you had a loss but you don't have to be an ass about everything!"

I breathed through my teeth, licking my lips as I made no contact with her. I heard her swallow, and her mouth dropped, her head rocking side to side.

"Carl, I'm- I didn't-"
"It's fine. I don't care."

I walked past her, heading towards the rest of the group.

"I never cared."
I dropped that in front of her, finishing.

I went back to where I last saw everyone, but I looked around, not seeing anyone.

"Daryl?! Maggie?! Mich-"
"Carl!"

I looked to the side, a red car turned over sideways and Michonne called to me. She stood behind the car, next to Daryl, and my dad and Maggie were crouched next to a slim blue car.

Michonne put her finger to her lips, curling them for a signal as she pointed. I looked out in front, seeing dozens of walkers coming down the road. I quickly shuffled to the nearest car, crouching and putting my hands against the door.

The walkers came, slowly barging past every trashed car, some falling at points, some looking around, and some doing nothing in particular.

I looked around me, seeing Joslyn crouched down behind a car next to me, looking back I saw the group move over the railing on the side of the road to dodge the walkers that were coming down their way.

"C'mon!"
I whispered to Joslyn, motioning over the rail.

Why are you telling her?
Because-

I cut myself off from thinking, kneeling down behind the railing at eye-level setting my hands on the top to support myself. The walkers all headed in the same direction as if all attracted to something.

There was nothing there.

We all looked straight to them, not worrying about anything else. I slowly pulled my knife out, just in case. Joslyn kneeled next to me, eyeing my from the side. I saw all the walkers pass, behind the R-V where they were then history.

Joslyn stumbled back, seizure-like, putting her back to the railing.

"C-Carl!"

She tried to scream, yet whispered.

"What..."
"Carl!"

She let her lungs take over, not able to hold her breath in anymore, as she screamed my name for mayday. She took hold of my knife as I spun around, seeing walkers come from out of the woods and one hovered over me. She stabbed it right between the eyes, letting it roll down to the ditch. Suddenly, the walkers on the road were attracted to us and lost their interest in the R-V.

I pulled my gun out, and so did the rest of the group; we had nothing to lose.

We started shooting every walker in sight. I saw Joslyn's fingers trembling on the trigger, aiming toward a walker in front of her.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

She lowered her gun, wanting to say something, but she ran past the walker to the deep woods. My mouth opened, hung in shock.

She left...

"Carl!"

Michonne called my name as she took her knife back from a walkers eye.

"Go..."
I eyed her, then my dad. Actually, he wasn't even looking at me; he was too busy with walkers. Did he even think to look how his only son was doing?

Only child.

I shuffled back, entering through two trees side by side, leading a trail of leaves. I ran down through the woods, trying to find a way of how I could find Joslyn. I only saw trees.

How could she have left that quickly?!

I tried to see behind trees, maybe even through trees, but nothing. Wait. That was it: the trees. I looked, seeing low branches on a tree with fallen leaves. I remember her story, I wasn't just going to forget it... I'm the one who wanted to know.
-
-
-
I really loved wroting this chapter bc it shows that Carl has two sides to him. But, it also shows how he is becoming more like his dad under the pressure.
I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!
And omg!
Thank you all for 4.1k!
That's so amazing I love you all so much!!!!
-
Please comment, vote, and also maybe share this!
-
~c.j.