Chapter 2-Blue Eyes

Chapter 2

•Carl•

We headed in the house and Maggie carried the bag we found in with her. daryl stayed outside with Judith, protecting her and also keeping watch. I stood for a second, adjusting my bag on my shoulder and stared my dad down as we headed in the doorway. We stopped as we heard a noise and walkers came from the what used to be living room.

As Michonne, Rick, and Maggie fought them off, I heard a different noise. I quietly walked to the left, inside the kitchen, and pulled my gun from its holster. I walked past the kitchen and peered to another room.

Looks like someones beat us to this house.

Nothing was there. Just old furniture that had blankets of dust over them and were useless. I walked through the room as I peered around the doorway at the other side, looking up the stairs. Coming out from one of the rooms was a person who looked about my age.

She had dirty blonde hair that was in the messiest braid pulled to the side and hung over her left shoulder as strands hung out from all sides. That's all I saw. I had to quickly turn back because she headed down the stairs in the softest manor. I held my knife tight to me, replacing it with my gun so I wouldn't waste any bullets. She peered to the other side of the stairs, seeing the rest of the group fighting the walkers.

What the hell do I do?

What was I supposed to do? Usually my dad took care of these things. Asking question, trying to put the pieces together. I couldn't just kill her. I never killed anything living, unless I had to...

I saw her heal cross over the wooden floor to the molded old tile. She slowly backed up into the room, not seeing me until I backed her up onto the wall and held the knife sharply to her throat.

My wrist was thrusting onto her neck, and I gently lifted it off. She was gently breathing as her plump, nude lips formed an oval shape, her brown eyes shined like copper and I gazed into them. She had the clearest skin, fresh and light and glowing, and it made her whole face feel like I was staring into her copper eyes.

I stared at them again and the knife shook with my hand. I gulped and she started to lift her hands, holding a knife in one.

"Drop it."

I demanded sternly, trying to stall, waiting till the whole group could help me. She dropped it, letting the knife echo off of the floor and leave her defenseless.

Carl, I thought. There are now three reasons why you cant hurt her.

She lowered her hands from the position she held them in and stared in my eyes again. She began to speak.

"You wouldn't kill me, would you Blue Eyes?"

She smirked a bit. I swallowed once more and this time let go. She breathed out, putting her hands on her knees and then she held her neck and gently rubbed it. She pulled her hand back and looked at her fingers.

"Damn, you have a grip!"

She complained. There was a scar from the knife I held to her that gushed blood on her hands as she touched it.

Nice job, Carl. Now even if you did try to kill her, she still won't talk to you.