back to january 2013

When I look at you, I see a girl with the longest hair in the class fighting with me. I see a girl who was very fond of becoming a teacher in future and would love to write on the class board. I see the girl who used to score the highest in Maths among girls effortlessly . I see a girl who I didn't admire much back then. Who was that page in my novel of life whom I forgot to bookmark and when I reached the middle, I craved to read that un-bookmarked page just one more time somehow. I see that teenager who wasn't wrong, but just a lil immature. Who was misunderstood. I see a girl fighting with me for the back seat during the camel ride. A pretty lil fillé sitting beside me in the bus. "Hookah-Bar remix" playing on my phone and us listening to it as the sun sets and you are there, sleeping, leaning on my shoulder. I am looking at you and couple of minutes later, it's almost black as I see out of the window. A beautiful night in the deserts. I am realising that I am going to miss this moment. I am going to miss shopping with you and failing to bargain at handicrafts' shops. I am going to miss giving you company to the washroom .

Although train ka khaana sucked very bad but bhindi saved the night.

When I look at you, I see a girl telling me to be careful when riding on the train and not step on the first step or I'll get hurt

When I look at you, I see a girl telling me to be careful when riding on the train and not step on the first step or I'll get hurt. I see a girl hanging out with me on the railway station at 10 in the night. I see a girl sharing her Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion with me. I think about the photograph we got clicked for some 50 or 70 bucks in front of a fort. That wasn't the time when smartphones were much into trend,hence the bad pictures. I look into your eyes and I see how you have gone through cardiac damages (thank me for this term) and grew up to be stronger every time. How you've stood by me when no else did.I see how you have grown up to be a bold and mature individual. I see a girl who was always a friend, but not recognised. Hookah-Bar remix (and Tum Hi Hi Ho Bandhu) still reminds me of that beautiful night, every time I listen to it. And every time I use Vaseline Cocoa Butter, the Jodhpur-Jaisalmer nostalgia hits me.

I advised you to buy those jootis when we were shopping in the streets of Jaisalmer, but you didn't

I advised you to buy those jootis when we were shopping in the streets of Jaisalmer, but you didn't. (I still think that was a very stupid decision of yours). I remember how we were lost in those narrow streets and were scared because none of us knew the way to the bus but we made it somehow. Ten years have passed. And we are here. After catfights, after friendships, after misunderstandings, after apologising, we are here. And I want to stop here and seize the moment. Period.

Happy Birthday.

- excerpt from a friend's <3 birthday wish

~w.m