Chapter 7

I feel a slight push on my arm, choosing to ignore it I snuggle back into the warmth. I hear a chuckle followed by another push on my right arm. I start to wake slowly, rubbing at my eyes so they can adjust.

When I open them I'm greeted by emerald eyes staring at me with concern. I stumble backwards with my back pressed up against the car door. He starts to laugh while I let out a humph.

He leans closer to me making me want to get closer to the door and escape. He crawls towards me like an animal stalking its prey. My breathing becomes heavier with every minute he gets closer, making my need for him stronger. He reaches out an arm and snakes it around my waist.

He suddenly tugs at my waist bringing me flat up against his body. Oh God what's he doing! He moves his head closer to mine and tickles my forehead with his hair. Swiftly moving to my ear he whispers, "We're here".

And with that the door opens for me. I stare at him dumbfounded and move my legs out of the car and then my whole body. Looking up from the ground there's a shack in front of us.

I look at the man and he motions for me to follow him up the hill towards the shack. The men that drove us here get back into their car and drive off in the direction that we came from. Looking back in front of me the man is opening the door. He gives it a strong kick and the door swings open.

We move inside the shack and close the door behind us. There's nothing in here but a table with two chairs, a cabinet that must have food and a bed. Not knowing what to do I stand there and fiddle with my thumbs until he speaks.

"Mmmm" he says rubbing his chin, I look up at him as he continues to pace the length of the shack. I decide to speak, "What is going on, can you please tell me?"

"Your weren't safe  there at the house, he found you." he says. "I can't let him get you ... I won't let him have you." he says while staring at me intently.

All of the air from my lungs has left me, why is he saying this? He doesn't even know me that well but it made me feel good and wanted.

"Who is that man?" I comment to distract myself from my loud heart beat.

"He's the son of Eric, he's helping his father to destroy any existence of you so he can take over the company. He states blatantly.   

Shocked, I simply stand with my mouth open and can't think of anything but.

"What are you to me?" I ask. "I'm your protector ... and" he trails off.

Mmmm I wonder what he was going to say. " I know i haven't properly introduced myself but my name is Jarrod and I will be here to watch over you." Jarrod says with a small smile.

....

I was starting to feel tired again and kept glancing at the bed over against the wall. "I'm really tired so I might go to bed." I state. I then realise where is he going to sleep? I think with a concerned face

"I'll take the floor, you can sleep in the bed" It's like he can read my mind.

"Mmmm you don't have to do that, you can sleep next to me." I gesture towards the bed with a blush.

Jarrod doesn't hesitate and get in the bed, I get in beside him and move towards the edge. I look at his hands and they're gripping his t- shirt tightly. It's like he's trying to stop himself from touching me.

Turning over I face the wall, I see the candle being blown out and now we're submerged in darkness with the only sound being our slow breathing.

As I start to drift off I feel his hand grip onto my waist and hug me closer to him. I don't fight it I just snuggle up to the feeling of his body against mine.

....

Hey guys hope you liked it :)

I would appreciate if you could please vote and comment it would really mean a lot and please don't hesitate on giving me feedback, it would really help.

Until next chapter :)