Chapter 1: The Letter

"Brooke what's wrong with you?"

Hands shaking I hand the letter over to my friend Maddy. She gently pries my hands away from the letter so she can read it.

Reopening the letter. Her eyes widen as she continues to read the letter. "What the hell is this?" She says with a worried and confused expression.

"I honestly can't believe they are doing this to you now, can't they just ask somebody else?" Maddy says while shaking her head which makes her golden hair move in a bobbing motion.

" I know right, I can't believe they did this to me now!" Flopping myself onto my bed with a poof.

I can't believe this i've just finished university and finally ready to get my life sorted. But now i've just received with dammed letter explaining that i'm to overtake a business I had no idea about to begin with. Great! I curse to myself

I have so many questions bouncing around in my mind that I can't think straight. First of all how did I not know my father owns the biggest company that deals with vampires! I feel as though I didn't even actually know my father.

I would have thought that father would be done with vampires seen as mum was one. My mother what a lovely character she is, notice the sarcasm. Leaving when I was 10 years old for someone who had more to give than my father and never once trying to reach out to me ever since then. She left for some other vampire with more money and power and the most renowned vampire in the world. He's known as Eric 'the king of all vampires'.

Now my father wants me to overtake this business which deals with him. I mean vampires are so dangerous and father repeatedly told me this since mother left that they can be deceiving and manipulative.

Letting out a huge sigh I look over at Maddy. She's staring at me with a look of sympathy. "Give the letter back here for a minute." she says as she reaches out.

Stretching my arm to her she takes the letter and examines it again. She then flips over the letter with her dainty and perfectly manicured hand and stares at the back of the letter.

"Did you look at the back of the letter?"

"No why?" I respond and reach out for the letter again but she moves quickly so I miss it. "Give it here" running and snatching it from her grasp.

She giggles as I do so but soon stops as she sees my face once I've read the back of the letter.

It reads ' After reading this letter you are expected to join us here at the corporation and discuss more about your role as owner now of 'Lamia protectores (vampire protectors) corporation'. We expect you to be here 8:00 am precisely. The directions are on the bottom of this page hope to see you there.'

Looking over at Maddy I stare at her with a mixture of fear and eagerness. "Well I guess tomorrow is the day that I will get all my answers that I want."

.....

Getting later into the night Maddy has left and now I'm at my house alone with my dog Tyson. After deciding to eat basil pesto for dinner I eat and then head for a shower and straight for bed.

While on my fluffy bed with my brunette hair spread out on the pillow I stare up at the ceiling and watch the ceiling fan twirl sending me into a hypnotic state. As I'm about to drift of to sleep I'm worried for tomorrow but also eager to learn more about my job and what's in store for me in the future to come. 

Hey guys, I hope you liked this first chapter! I am so sorry if it's not really great but this is my first book I've started to write.

I would appreciate if you could leave comments so i could improve. Please vote and hope to see you in the next chapter. \

:) :)