Chapter 34: Bang!

Start from the beginning

Before I could process what he meant, he went for a sprint

"HEY!"

I darted after him, catching up only slightly. He pushed through the doors, which closed behind him. I hit them a mere few seconds after, running through the threshold to have Jughead grab me and pull me into a hug, panting.

"I'll always win, Bell," he said, giving a cocky grin.

"Yeah, but maybe not at a fair race, Jones," I took his hand, bringing him to our first period where the bell had rung in the nick of time.

。♡  。

After pushing through class by class, it was finally time for lunch. Jughead and I held hands as we walked toward the table, under the tree with the most shade. The grass beneath our feet was flourishing with new life thanks to the spring.

"So, prom," Jughead brought up, a grin plastered on his face as he scoffed at the idea. "Never thought I'd be going to it with a date."

"Well, you are." I felt happy, almost giddy. "So what color should we match as? Red? Blue?"

"Why not black? Plain and hassle-free," Jughead suggested.

"Every girl is going to wear black for the exact same reason!"

We had just arrived to the table, where everyone was tuned into our conversation.

"Is this about prom?" Kevin breathed almost rapidly, ready to talk about anything prom related. He was a sucker for school dances, even though during the dance he'd act like it sucked to look cool.

"Yeah. We're discussing colors," I explained, opening my lunch bag. I handed half of my sub to Jughead since he didn't typically have enough money for lunch.

Veronica leaned close. "Don't pick black. That's what Archie and I are doing."

I shot a glare at Jughead, to drill in my point.

"Alright! Okay. Let's go with a velvet red. It's dark and colorful," he came to a compromise.

I nodded in approval slowly. "Okay... I can work with it."

"We're all going dress shopping together," Veronica eagerly told Betty and I.

Betty rolled her eyes with a slight sigh. "I think I might miss prom for this year."

"No!" Veronica and I exclaimed, which Betty flinched from our sudden yell.

"It's the first prom we get to experience! We were lucky to even get invited!" I pleaded. Typically it was only juniors and seniors who can participate, but since there was such a low turnout from them, they reached out to the sophomores.

"Exactly. I have two more years!" Betty argued.

"Look, Betty. I don't have a date either and I'm still-" Kevin made the longest gasp. So long, that we all thought he died for a few seconds. "We should go together! Please! Please!!! PLEA-"