Chapter 7: Venom

↳ Sunday

↳ Sunday

Oct. 23rd ↵

Jughead stared at me with the expression of pure confusion and concern.

"I'm sorry. Did we not just talk about how bad the Southside Serpents are?" He reminded me, staring me down.

"I know! I know. I just thought it would be interesting. I mean, I have even more reason to do it since you're-"

"No. Don't use me as a reason for you to get yourself killed," he shook his head.

I let out a deep breath, beginning to get frustrated.

"I think it's an interesting story. The town doesn't really know them, right? No offense, but your dad has a good backstory. I won't use him, of course. I'm just saying... what about the others? They're all just leather jackets. What is in those leather jackets that make them who they are?" I tried to persuade him.

Jughead crossed his arms and sat forward.

"I'm sorry," he shook his head. "I'm not in."

I sighed, pulling my laptop towards me. I put it in my bag and scooted out of the booth.

"I guess I'll just do it alone," I vaguely said, with a heavenly sigh. "See you on Monday, Juggy."

I turned away from him and started to walk until I felt a hand on my shoulder forcing me to turn on my heel.

Not surprisingly, it was Jug. He let go of me and just stood there, thinking. His hand lingered on my shoulder before he took it back looking away. I noticed as his brows furrowed as the gears turned in his mind. Then, looking at me, he said: "I've forgotten how stubborn you were."

"But...?" I lead him on, smiling a little.

He gave in, rolling his eyes. "I'll get you started with some names. Some of the nicer serpents."

I walked back to the booth where we sat, and I pulled out my laptop once again. Jughead typed down some names he remembered and passed the laptop back to me. I tried looking up some of them, only to find 3/5 of the serpents Jug listed.

"I think five was overkill anyways," he assured.

"Maybe," I sighed, before closing my laptop. "I hope all of them are willing to tell me their life story..."

Jughead remained silent, looking solemn. I looked over at him and patted his shoulder.

"I'll be fine. I'd be better if you were with me, though," I tried to push.

Jughead shrugged, giving in once again. "I already gave you their names. I'm already in deep, so I might as well."

I was so relieved to have him agree to help me. Quite honestly, I was a little scared about going alone. A teenage girl in some unknown place with criminalistic men? That was just asking for trouble. "Thank you, Juggy. Really," I sincerely said.