Chapter 11: The Truth

↳ Thursday

↳ Thursday

Nov. 10th ↵

After that day at lunch, Derek and I decided to put that event behind us and agree that we didn't like each other's friends. I couldn't forget how he basically manhandled me in front of them though. But of course, he kissed himself out of the sticky situation.

As I thought about Derek's grip, I remembered the paper about him. Excitedly, I dug into my backpack. I stuffed it somewhere in my bag during passing period while I was in a rush.

I pulled it out, like a golden ticket. I flipped through some pages and found the article, but I only saw all of the serpents we interviewed besides Derek.

Naturally, I was a little upset. I wasn't mad at Jughead or anything, but I wondered why he took out Derek.

I texted him about it and got no reply for hours until later on that night.

Me: How come Derek wasn't in the paper?

Juggy: oh sorry :/ I forgot I had a separate file for him since he was added in late

I had the gut feeling that it was because Jughead didn't like the idea of me and Derek together. I grew determined to have him and Derek be friends so I could be with both of them without feeling guilty.

Thursday, after school, my parents weren't home yet again. Derek and I were on the front steps, making out and being flirty. Derek moved his hand down my stomach and attempted to go below the belt, but I quickly grabbed his hand and nervously laughed.

"Slow down there, Derek," I nervously laughed. "I'm not ready for that kind of stuff yet.

"When will you be ready then?" He asked me, a little more demanding than forgiving.

I took his hand in both of mine, saying, "In a month or two?"

In reality, I didn't know and I started to feel uncomfortable. Thankfully, I noticed Jughead walking down the street. We made eye contact and he almost turned around.

"Jughead!" I called before he could escape.

I could hear his sigh from half a block away. He slowly walked over, slouched, one headphone in.

"Yeah?" He asked, sounding irritated already.

"Wanna hang out?" I asked. "Like, right now?"

Derek laughed a little. "Pipsqueak has somewhere to be. Isn't that right, Jones?"

"I do, actually. I have to go," he deadpanned at me.

My plan failed, and I made things even worse. I hit Derek's shoulder again.

"Derek, I swear to god! If you talk shit about Jughead one more time, we're over," I threatened, pointing at him with my brows raised.