Chapter Ten

A/N I'm seriously hopeless. Sorry about the super long wait, I'm thinking of posting two chapters today to at least make it up to you all. Thanks for waiting for this update. 

There's a lot of fluff in this chapter, so I hope you'll enjoy it! 

-Scott- 

The first thing Mum does when Isaac and I step into the house is wrap him up into a tight hug. "I'm so happy to meet you Isaac," she whispers in his ear.

He visibly tenses up at the sudden affection and love, but he seems to welcome the hug and that makes it all that much better. He's allowing people other than me to hold him close. If it were anyone other than my mum I would have been pissed. But it's mum, he needs a loving parent and I am not going to deny my mother holding her sons mate.

I'm not heartless.

"Come on in, I'm still making dinner," she says, lightly pushing the both of us inside. "It won't be ready for a while. But it's to celebrate this wonderful day."

"Mum, I need to talk to you about something," I tell her. "Isaac, sit down and get comfortable, I won't be a minute, alright?"

He nods and happily sits himself down on the couch, curling up into the corner in contentment.

Mum and I go into the kitchen to talk. "What's the matter?"

"Isaac and I are going to move into the palace," I tell her and her smile falters a little. "I've been assigned a new job per Prince Derek's request which requires me to live within the palace."

"As long as you and Isaac will be well taken care of there," she says, pulling me into a warm hug.

"Of course, and if we don't, I can promise you that I will get Isaac out of there immediately and return here and be with you."

"Good," she says. "Keep your head on straight, and remember, if you're job actually threatens your mate's life-"

"I wouldn't even consider choosing the job over that curly haired angel."

"You're becoming a fine young man Scott," Mum says fondly, pressing a hand lightly to my cheek. "I'm proud of you."

I smile and hug her again. "Thanks Mum."

"When are you expected at the castle?"

"Latest is tomorrow morning."

"Then you should get packing, I'll finish dinner," she says. "Wait, what about Isaac's things?"

"He said he doesn't want any of his old things. It brings back bad memories. So I said that I would buy him new clothes. He initially refused saying that he will get the money himself, but I insisted that I'd get them for him."

"Good man."

Once I had packed and we'd eaten the delicious meal Mum prepared for us, I take Isaac up to my room.

"We will be leaving for the palace tomorrow," I say to him as I help him get comfortable in the bed. "I've been assigned a new job there. I'm glad you know Stiles so you won't be lonely when I'm working."

Isaac smiles and nods. "All your friends are mates with my friends," he hums and I can immediately tell that he's getting sleepy. "I'm really happy because I thought that once I'd get a mate I would have to leave all my friends."

"I wouldn't have let that happen regardless," I murmur. "Did you want me to stay with you or would you like to sleep alone tonight?"

"Stay here. With me, please."

It's such a low hum that only werewolf hearing would have been able to hear it. With a little smile, I slide under the covers and wrap Isaac up in my arms, holding him close. Silently celebrating when he voluntarily snuggles up close to me, sighing happily as he drifts off and relaxes completely in my arms.

This is such a wonderful feeling that I never want to stop feeling ever again. 

-Isaac-

I'm woken up by an already washed and dressed Scott. He's smiling down at me as I rub the drowsiness from my eyes.

"Hey beautiful," he hums and I try so very hard not to blush at such flattering words. "The car is here to transport us to the palace. I wanted you to sleep for as long as possible because I know how exhausting yesterday must have been for you. I can carry you if you want me to?"

I sit up and throw my legs over the side of the bed, yawning and having a good stretch before I set my eyes back onto Scott. "I'm fine to walk. Could I maybe borrow some of your clothes though? These clothes are dirty now."

"Of course, and this afternoon, once everything is unpacked and we've settled, I'll take you out to get some new clothes. Sound good."

I simply nod and shuffle over to the last bag sitting in the room and ruffle through the clothes that reside in there. I pick out a simple pair of sweat pants and a hoodie. I want to be comfortable at the moment, as I'm still really tired and just want to have a somewhat lazy trip to the palace. Maybe I'll be able to cuddle with Scott in the car on the way there.

We say our goodbyes to the wonderful Melissa who has been nothing but kind and so... motherly towards me. The second I walked through the door yesterday she welcomed me so warmly, I just wanted to melt into her arms and cry.

I was definitely overwhelmed yesterday with all these new, positive, and loving people entering my life so suddenly. But it was a great overwhelming. I had never felt as loved or welcomed as I did yesterday and I wouldn't want to change this for anything.

I'm no longer allowing my so-called father control my life anymore, not now when I have such incredible support. Not to mention one of my closest friends is Prince Derek's mate. How insane is that?

My life certainly has done a one eighty on itself in the best possible way. I can't wait until we've moved into the palace, because I have no doubt that that will just make my life all that more interesting, and to know that I'll be beside Scott as I go, well, it can't be much better than that.