Chapter Four

A/N I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. It's been forever. I'm sitting in a cool ass fake grass circle at my college next to my female best friend who's yelling at me to update. So here you go!

-Isaac-
I run as fast as I can through the forest, constantly dodging trees. The last thing I want right right now is to run into a tree. That would be pretty painful.

I hear the horn blare to the side of me, the werewolves are now in here and they're faster and stronger than us humans.

There's a constant sound of twigs snapping around me but I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. I have a feeling there are two people around me. One on my left and one behind me.

My heartbeat quickens, not from running, but from the fear that's slowly bubbling up inside me. It feels as though the forest is getting denser as I keep running further in.

I'm then suddenly breaking into a clearing which brings me relief now that I'm aware of my surroundings.

"Isaac!" Stiles calls out. I flick my head over to see him running a little ways across from me.

I sigh in relief. "Thank god it's you Stiles! I thought it was a werewolf, I'm not ready!"

"Neither!" he replies. "I'm freaking out right now!"

"Me t-" I'm tackled to the ground with a loud and painful thump.

"Isaac?!" Stiles yells. He knows just like everyone else to stay away from a werewolf and their mate once caught.

I'm turned onto my back to look up at a handsome, tan guy. He buries his head into my neck, immediately scenting me. "I'm Scott McCall," he mumbles, kissing my neck lightly making me gasp.

"I-Isaac Lahey," I stutter as I instinctively wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"Cute name," he comments as he lifts his head and smiles at me. "Who were you talking to before?"

"M-My friend," I tell him. I'm still coming to terms that he's my mate. "His name is Stiles."

His eyebrows scrunch together. "Stilinski?" I nod and he grins. "He's my best friend."

"You're the Werewolf friend that Stiles talks about?" He nods. "Well at least I don't have to worry about you getting along with one of the closest people I know."

"I can't wait until we meet each other's families," Scott says excitedly. "My mum is a nurse. She's really sweet and you'll love her." I nod and look away. "What's the matter?" I shrug and his hand lightly rests against my cheek, turning my head back to look up at him. "Tell me."

My eyes well with tears as I tell him about my mother being dead and my father abusing me, locking me in a freezer. My claustrophobia because of it, and how my friends are the only family I want. I hope that we won't be separated when we all receive our mates. What if one of my friends don't get a mate and are stuck in the human section. I'd never get to see them.

"Don't worry about losing your friends," Scott hums after he calms down from what I told him about my dad. "I won't let that happen." I nod and smile a little as he strokes my cheek with his thumb. "And you will never have to see that man again, alright?"

I nod again. "Thank you."

He smiles. "Anything for my mate," he whispers before leaning down. "Can I kiss you?" I hesitantly nod and his lips brush lightly over mine before pressing firmly down, warming me up immediately.

My heart beat picks up as the kiss becomes more passionate and I run my fingers through his hair.

-Scott-
I'm over the moon that I'm able to kiss the daylights out of my upset mate. I can't wait to take him away from his broken home, I know my mum will adore him.

"Ready to go to the courtyard and officially announce you as my mate to everyone?" I ask him and he nods.

I lift him up and keep him comfortably tucked him comfortably tucked under my arm as we begin the walk out of the forest.

"I'm going to protect you from him, your dad I mean," I say.

"Thank you," he says, looking at me. "I've felt safer with you for five minutes then I ever have with my dad."

"That's because he's an asshole."

This earns me an adorable laugh from Isaac and I puff out in pride. "I love your laugh."

He blushes and I'm so entranced by him I don't realise we're stepping onto the patterned pavement of the courtyard until I hear cheers and yelling something about the prince getting a mate.

Fuckin finally man. It's been too long to deal with a mopey Prince Derek. Maybe he'll be happier now with a mate.

I'm taken aback though when I see who's in his arms.

Stiles?!