what is it like to love?

Start from the beginning

"where are we going, dallon?"

"i saw this park a couple blocks down. do you want to go check it out?"

"sure. am i going to experience love there?"

"maybe."

they both walked together to the park in silence.

once they made it to the park, they immediately sat on a bench in exhaust. brendon takes a look around the lush area, spotting a man in a velvet sweater across from him. dallon notices that his best friend has taken interest in that man and says, "hey, there's your first target! why don't you try talking to him?" convinced by dallon, he gets up and walks over to the man.

"hey, i'm brend-"

"sorry, i have a boyfriend," the man interrupts.
he gets up from his spot and walks away, his face in disgust.

brendon's face turned pale and his heart sank. he felt like crying as he slowly dragged himself back to the bench dallon was at. dallon looks up towards brendon and immediately began to worry. "what happened bren? did he hurt you? are you okay?" brendon looks at dallon with sad eyes.

"i guess finding love is harder than i thought."

brendon sits back down on the bench and rests his head on dallon's shoulder.

they sit on the bench together for a while.

but, all things come to an end. brendon and dallon decided to get up and make their way to a small cafe they saw while walking to the park.

"do you think i'll be able to love someone at that cafe, dal?"

"maybe."

while walking to the cafe, brendon spots a young couple walking on the other side of the street, happily in love while holding hands. he taps his friend's should and shows him the couple.

"look, dallon, they're in love. and holding hands. is that what people do when they're in love?"

dallon smirks and replies, "oh, you mean like this?"

he tangles his hand in to brendon's.

"yes, bren, that's what people do when they're in love."

and at that moment, brendon felt something small. a feeling that he never has experienced before. a feeling fluttering in his stomach. a feeling that made his cheeks feel a little warm. could he, perhaps, be feeling love? no, he couldn't. dallon was his best friend, right? but before brendon could process those feelings, they reached the cafe. their hands released, but brendon had the urge to reach back and grab his hand again.

dallon opened the door for brendon and motioned him to enter.

"dal, i'll order. what do you want?"

"do you think they have dr.pepper?"

"oh my god dallon, this is a cafe, not your fridge. now hurry up, we're gonna hold up the line," brendon giggles.

"alright. just get me a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream," dallon smiles.

brendon gets in line to order while dallon goes off to find a place to sit. he sits at an empty booth, a place where brendon is visible.