Salty

~~~ Picture of Sydney~~~

Sydney
I wake up to the sound of my alarm ringing,4:30 am like usual. I sit up, turn on my light, and look around my room. It's white walls walls give me comfort, I look around and smile as I see my collage of pictures of me and my best friends Slater, Bodhi, and Nikki that is on my door. In all of them we were either at the beach, in Slater's living room, my bedroom, or at our favorite diner, Kai's Killers. I look down at my white bed, which has an abundance of blue tie dyed pillows and many pictures of me and my family and friends surfing fill up my walls. I look over in the corner and smile once again to see the desk that Slater and Bodhi both made for me out of wooden pallets for my 12th birthday, and just next to that by the window was the shell wind chime that Nikki had made for me. God I love my friends, I've been with these goofs since 2 years old and I can't imagine my life without them. I get up out of my bed and groggily walk into my closet and pull on my wetsuit. Walking out of my closet I leave my bedroom, almost crashing into the rack that hangs on my wall and holds all my boards as I go. I walk to the bathroom and start washing my face,  rubbing as much sleep dust that I can out of my eyes and I pull my long blonde hair up into a tight bun, before I leave the bathroom I stare at myself. My blue eyes look tired and my long blonde hair seems to just get blonder. Of course you'd look tired, I thought to myself, it's four freaking thirty in the morning Sydney. I walk back into my bedroom and grab by board off of its rack, and just as I am about to leave I here my phone buzz, I quickly pick it up and see a text from Nikki
Girl we're out front, get your ass out here
Smiling I put my phone down, grab my board, and sneak past my parents bedroom down the stairs and out the door.

~*~*~*~

"Well you look like shit" I hear Slater say as we walk down my street.
"Aww thanks Slater way to make my day," I say pretending to look touched. He throws his head back laughing and I can see his grey eyes light up. He tassels his dusty blonde hair and sighed,"Your killin me Syd." I roll my eyes and turn to Nikki. " You're awful talkative this morning," I declare sarcastically. "No coffee, no talkie," is all she needs to say and all three of us burst out laughing. We finally arrive to the beach and pretty soon all of us were in the water watching the sun rise. I look over just in time to see Bodhi catch the best wave out here so far, as he rides it out I hear him say," HELL YA BITCHES!" We all start laughing. While they're all laughing and having a great time I look behind me and see the perfect wave, probably a better one than the one Bodhi rode. My instincts took over and before I knew it I was pushing my hands down on the surf board and popping myself up, riding the wave out. It felt amazing, feeling the sun on my skin, the salt water in my hair. I look over to my left and see that dolphins came to join me. I smile and start to carve the waves face, turn after turn I'm feeling more alive than ever. After I finish I swim back to my friends who are hooting and hollering. " HELL YEAH SYD," Bodhi yells splashing water in my face. " Yeah man way to tear it up out there," Niki compliments, I turn to her and smile," Thanks, hey we're Slater?" Just then I feel a pair of cold hands grab my shoulders and push me down in the water," You did great," he says while simultaneously trying to drown me. Reaching the waters surface I gasp for air," Holy shot Slater what the hell," I panted, trying to catch my breath." Wasn't me," he lied with the guiltiest look on his face and I couldn't help but laugh. Checking my watch I see that we've spent almost 3 hours out here," Holy guacamole guys," I gasped,"we gotta hit it it's already 8." Sighing we all swim back to the sand and throw our slips on and start heading back to my house. " So what's the plans for the day guys." Nikki asks. I turn to the guys and say," I dunno, whatca got in mind?" They both look at one another and smile," Well....," Slater begins," we were thinking we could go shopping." At that instant my jaw dropped to the floor. Brodhi and Slater wanting to go shopping, what the hell has gotten into them. " Whoa," is all Nikki has to say, we're both speechless. The last time we took Slater and Brodhi shopping they got us kicked out of Bath and Body Works for having a lotion fight. What is that you might ask? A lotion fight consists of two teenage boys running around the store squirting each other with lotions, hell when the manager asked them to please leave you know what they did? They both squirted lotion on him, and mall security had to eventually take them out of the mall and they were stuck at the car for the rest of the trip. Just them going shopping is an adventure on is own, but them asking do we could go shopping is an entirely different battle itself and it can lead to one thing, trouble. Before I could argue and ask why I look ahead at my house and see moving trucks in the House next door and before I even know it I hear myself saying," What the fuck?"
Hey guys, so whatca think of the chapter, whose Sydney's new mystery neighbor? And wtf why do Slater and Brodhi want to go shopping? Can you please give me your honest opinion about this chapter, I want to know what I can do to make this story better, so don't be a ghost reader!!!!! Anyway I was thinking Faith Schroeder as Sydney, Jay Alvarez as Duke and Kaia Gerber and Nikki. I haven't decided on who's gonna be Slater, Brodhi, or the parents let alone Kai, I've kinda just tried to get some names down and wanted to see what you thought. So stay tuned to the next chapter!!!