Part Three

Dalia POV

I woke, groggily, and rubbed the crusties from my eyes. Wtf were those things I thought as I sat up from my bed. As I sat up, my drowsiness faded and I slowly remembered the events of the previous day. I remember falling asleep on the couch not my bed. It dawned on me that someone carried me to my room. I had to of been mom, right? There was no one else in this house with us as far as I knew. My gaze fell on my window and I realized it was dark out. Wow I slept for such a long time! I decided I might as well be productive since my room, aside from the bed, had yet to be unpacked. Once finished organizing my room, and was satisfied, I made my way to the stairs and into the kitchen to quench my ever-growing thirst. I stalked into the kitchen to find my mother by the stove cooking dinner. Glad I hadn't missed my chance at a home cooked meal, I grabbed a bottle of water and sat at the kitchen island.     
"Hey Lia," I smiled at my mothers use of my childhood nickname. My mother turned the stove off and carried two plates of chicken and rice toward the island and sat with me. We prayed and indulged in our meal. "You excited for school tomorrow sweetheart? I'm sure the kids from the nearby pac-neighborhood will be friendly toward you," my mother stuttered almost as if she caught herself from giving up some secret. At the time I overlooked her mistake and continued eating.
     "what time do I have to be up again," I asked. Transitioning schools in the middle of the year would be rough, not to mention how impossible it would be for me to blend in. At my old school I was popular and fit right in but now, I wanted to simply blend in with my surroundings and not draw attention to myself. This was unlike me but I had a weird feeling about this town.
     " 5:30 if you want at least an hour before we leave," my mother answered swiftly as she threw her plate into the sink and waltzed to her room. I decided to do the same as a familiar feeling of drowsiness took over me. I made a beeline for my bed and slipped under the covers. I realize that I am feeling the need to sleep am abnormal amount but for now I'm gonna blame it on the jet lag.
     " Dalia wake up it's time to get ready for school!" My mother yelled from outside my door. Her room was on the first floor so we were separated by the second floor that held the living area with a tv and bar and pool. I begrudgingly stood up and fit dressed into my blue ripped skinny jeans that hugged my curvy hips, and slipped on my maroon turtle necked crop top. I put on some natural looking makeup and left my hair in its natural state. I grabbed my denim backpack that I had stuffed with pencils pens and a notebook , and stalked to my moms car. She dropped me off in front of my new high school and left me to search for the main office by myself. I found it and reviewed my timetable while I walked to my new locker. When I looked up I realized all eyes were on me and I received various wolf whistles while I walked the halls. ' so much for blending in' roll my eyes and and all hopes of blending in are thrown out the window. I continue to walk towards my locker and after numerous try's and endless frustration i get it to open. As promised by the counselor, all my books and materials for each class were already in there . I tossed my bag in and pulled out what I needed. Just as I was about to walk to my first class I was pushed against a locker by some obnoxious boy. Unable to get him off of me, I yelled for help.
"What do we have here? Fresh meat huh? How would you like a private tour," The prick said. I felt disgusted and violated and I continued as I continue to struggle to get out of his relentless hold.
"Get the fuck off her Brent!" I Screamed the guy as he ripped the jerk off of me and threw him against set of lockers opposite to mine. He was not playing and if looks could kill, Brent, would be dead a thousand times over. Why are his eyes black? Why does he smell so good and look so hot? Why did I just think that? I couldn't seem to get a handle on my thoughts as I watched my mystery savior rescue me from that disgusting pig! Brent eventually scurried away and my mystery guy turned to me. When I caught a glimpse of his emerald eyes the world seemed to stop. My heart skipped a beat and we were the only two on earth that mattered. I was itching to attach myself to him and never let go. We stayed staring into each other's eyes until his hardened and he looked away. " Learn how to defend yourself. How pathetic," he spat out nonchalantly and the crowd that had formed laughed at me in my embarrassed state on the floor below my locker. And he was gone. My heart was brutally sliced open by his words and a subconscious whimper came from deep inside me. As the crowd dispersed I got up from my spot on the floor strangely heart broken and extremely confused. "Hi hon I'm Abby, you must be new because I've never seen you before," a girl showed up beside me. Abby was short compared to me and had golden curls reaching down to her butt with olive skin and a pair of soft, crystal blue eyes to match. 'Gosh, everyone here is beautiful!' I thought as I conjured up mental pictures of everyone I've seen so far.
     "Hi, yea I'm new. My name is Dalia but my friends back in Cali called me Lia or Ali whichever is fine." I replied with a slight smile that didn't quite reach my eyes.
     " I love that name I'll call you Ali. Do you mind if I introduce you to my friends, they will love you!," she questions.
     " Yea, that'd be great." She takes me by the wrist and guides me through the hallway to a stairway with a group of 'more beautiful' people socializing in front of it.
      "Hey guys this is Dalia. She is new so be on your best behavior, I'm talking to you warren!" I laugh along with the rest of the group as she singles out an obvious trouble maker. One by one I meet my newly found group of friends. I give up on blending in because all of my new friends are apparently extremely popular, but they are also very nice and Warren is hilarious! I meet and shake hands with Lauren, Olivia, Savannah, Alexis, Darren, jarred, Warren, West, and Dallas. The group suddenly formed into a huddle which I stood outside of as the were making some kind of decision.
     "We are gonna call you Ali, oh and we want you to eat lunch with us so you can meet the rest of the gang." Warren stated as they broke their huddle of discussing my nickname. I wonder what who else is in their friend group and if they'll like me. I take my schedule out of my jean's back pocket and read it aloud to 'the guys', " Let's see... I have English first period, Advanced Science second, Gym third, lunch, Honors Algebra, Social Studies, Physics, And French is last." I read to the group and eyes lit up when individuals knew I would be in their classes.
     "You have English with me, advanced science with me and Olivia, gym and lunch with all of 'the guys', honors algebra with Lauren, Savannah, Alexis, Darren, Jarred, Dallas, and West, social studies with Ryan, Jake and Greyson who are the guys you haven't met yet, and the rest of your classes are just with Greyson and Warren," Abby lists off all of my classes with an excited smile. When the bell rings, me and Abby walk off to English together and my mind drifts to my mystery guy from this morning. My heart hurts and cannot seem to understand why because we didn't know each other at all. As I sat at my desk and the teacher droned in about the lesson tear welled up in my eyes from pure heartbreak and confusion however I was determined not to let the flood gates down. I held my tears in and silently copied down my notes until the bell rang signaling the end of class.