Part Two

Dalia's POV

I can't believe I'm leaving the only place I've ever known! What will it be like in North Carolina? Will it be cold? Will people like me? Will people hate me? These were the thoughts going through my head as me and mom marched through the gate and onto the plane. We found our seats and settled in. Mom pulled out her book and I pulled out my phone. I texted one last goodbye to my ex-boyfriend. We broke up because we didn't think the long distance relationship would work out I thought it'd be better this way.
"Please buckle your seatbelts and turn off all electronic devices. Stow any loose items in the basket underneath your seat. We will be departing now," the pilots voice rang throughout the plane and as the passengers we followed his direction. I turned of my phone,
put it in my bag, and shoved my bag under the seat. Before I knew it we were up in the air. I pulled out the pillow and blanket I brought and took a good three hour nap. Three hours to go, I thought to myself when I woke up fully. I passed the next three hours by reading and eating the dinner provided by the airline. We landed and got off the plane. I stretched my aching muscles and ran to catch up with my mom who was waiting anxiously at bag claim. We collected our belongings, loaded them into the taxi, and told him our new address. We were living in Bevard, North Carolina which is surrounded by a load of trees. When we pull up to a small, quiet circular development with maybe five other houses on it, I practically drink in a long breath of fresh air provided by the multitude of trees in the area. I notice the beautiful house and my breath is taken right from out of my lungs. The house is gorgeous!
It's modern and has glass window surrounding some of its exterior. The stone used compliments its modern look and it appears to be three stories. The cabbie helps us carry our luggage into the house and we tip him generously. I can't believe this ! I fell into the couch in our new living room and fell asleep. The jet lag was destroying me and my sleep schedule so I gave in and let sleep take over my body.