5) Well, crap.

Mike's POV

I walked downstairs and saw El in my living room. What was she doing here? I look terrible...I stood up a little straighter but I doubt that helped.

She smiled at me so I smiled back. Then my eyes fell on Hopper. His face was bright red. His body was tense. His teeth were clenched, his jaw set. He stared right at me. As I walked into the room El mumbled "Sorry, Mike."

He walked toward me and pointed a finger at my chest.
"You care to explain why you think it's okay to kiss Jane?" Well, crap. That's why they were here. I'm assuming she told him about the kiss after they dropped me off.

"Uh..I'm sorry Chief. We were just dancing at the Snowball, and it just kinda felt right." Felt right? What was I saying? I was trying to convince the father of the girl I kissed not to punch me. I wasn't doing a very good job of it.

"Aww you guys kissed? That's so cute!" Nancy was definitely not helping my case. I shot her a look and she quieted down. I looked at El, and she was so worried. She was almost in tears. Seeing her like that made my heart break.

"I really like her. I'm not just messing around. And we are plenty old enough to kiss. I'd do it again...respectfully, of course.." I tried to take back what I said but I knew I couldn't. At least it was the truth.

I snuck another glance and Eleven was blushing. Hopper's face was just as red, but I figured his was out of anger.

"I don't want you anywhere near Jane. And don't you try and tell me what you're old enough to do! She's my daughter, and I'll make those decisions. Stay away from her. Ya hear me, Wheeler?"

I knew there was no point in fighting. The chief would have his way at whatever cost necessary. I hung my head solemnly and said "Yes, sir."