Captured

Alek looks up at him, his face distressed yet calm. "Get her to safety, make her happy at home."

"I intend to. And I am sorry about this..." he sighs "You have to be the one to tell her. Or she won't ever be happy and try to come back."

Alek frowned. "I... sir,  I couldn't... It would be too..."

"Do you want her happy?" Nixxiom looks at him sympatheticly.

He bites his cheek. "I do..."

"Then do it." He keeps a stone expression.

Alek hesitated. "I'll do what I must..."

He nods "But for now... make a plan to distract timber in the morning while I take Bridgette. After I kill timber, speak with her."

"I'll think of something." He says, his face now void of emotion, his voice empty.

"Do not be upset Alek..." Nixxiom looks at him "You will move on..."

Alek bows, his emotions unchanged. "I'll speak to her tomorrow, sir."

"No. You distract Timber tomorrow, I take her, you stay and wait for me to come back and kill Timber."

"As you wish." He says.

Nixxiom nods and looks to the rising sun. "Then get going."

Alek opens his mouth to speak. He shakes his head, walking to the balcony, using the ivy of the castle wall to climb into the garden.

Bridgette is walking beside timber in the garden, her head hung and her eyes dull.

Alek almost overlooked her in the dim moonlight. He paused before following silently behind, his dark clothes acting as an illusion of absence.

They are both silent, but timber glances at Bridgette and smirks slightly. She stares at the ground. "I know you refuse to speak with me my dear... but it is important to tell me what happened in your room..."
Bridgette says nothing.

Alek tells her not to in his head, as if she could hear him.

Timber tsks and looks ahead. There is silence again before Bridgette stops. Timber stops beside her and she points to a rose growing ways away. He grins "Would you like me to get that for you?" She nods once.

Alek tilts his head.

Timber begins walking to it with his hands in his pockets. When he is further away, she begins slowly walking back, praying her chains don't make too much of a sound. She continues as Timber does, but suddenly she steps back on a chain. Timber stops and he cocks his head to the side at the sound.
Not wasting a second, Bridgette turns and takes off in a run, Timber already chasing after her.

Alek takes off at a sprint, trying to keep quiet as he follows. His breathing becomes heavy as his footsteps speed.

Timber turns into a wolf to run faster and he barks, causing her to scream as she runs.
He catches up to her and tackles her to the ground, turning human and grabbing the chains to her legs.
She begins crying and tries to struggle away weakly, but he yanks her legs to him, holding one foot high (causing her skirt to go down a bit) and grabbing his knife.
"You've run from me for the last time Bridgette!" He holds the blade high and Bridgette trembles with fear "I'm sure I can still have you, even if you don't have any feet!"

A sharp metal ringing sounds as Alek unsheathed his sword. "ENOUGH!" Alek shouts, his blade slicing across Timber's back, Alek having snuck up behind him.

Timber cries out in pain and rage, letting go of Bridgette as he quickly rolls out of the way. Bridgette scrambles to her feet and stares in disbelief. Timber has a hand to his back and pulls it away to see the blood. He trembles and growls, muttering something under his breath. He grabs a small leather bound book from his pocket and it glows red.
Bridgette gasps and steps back "M-Maxims book...."

"Bridgette! Run, get Nixxiom!" Alek orders, ignoring the red on his blade, he held out an arm, his sword at the ready.

She trembles and runs as fast as she can away from the garden. As Timber mutters his skin grows back, and there is only a hole him his trench coat. He growls and looks at Alek with rage. "You idiotic boy!"

"You selfish animal!" Alek scolds. "You never seem to learn your lesson!"

"Neither do you!" Timber glares and clings to the book, regaining posture after healing. "You are just as selfish as i..."

"I've heard this already tonight." Alek rolls his eyes, walking forward. "I only have one goal tonight and that is to bring your end."

"You know very well I'm a coward... and I'm not going to let you do that..." Timber snarls and walks back.

"Oh well, I'm sure you'd love to end me as well, seeing that I left that mark on her skin. Remember?" He smiles.

Timber growls and his wrist flicks "I can be patient... you cant..."

"Ah yes, I'll just pass the time, playing with her, her ears, her waist," Alek narrows his eyes, "Her lips..."

Timber winces and snarls. Except he pauses. ".... You said she needs to run to Nixxiom... that means Nixxiom is here..." he grins and straightens "You fool... Nixxiom would never let you do that to Bridgette... I have nothing to worry about... She is still, mine."

Alek continues walking forward. "And you won't be able to do anything either."

"I will... because unlike you, I get what I want, no matter the cost." He chuckles and grins "And that's why.... I'm sending the guards after you and Nixxiom." He snaps his fingers and disappears. Only a few moments later, the sound of clanking armor comes from the castle.

"That cheating swine!" Alek exclaims, sheathing his sword and sprinting into the maze.

Guards begin filling the garden, searching for Alek. "COME OUT LITTLE MAN! WE AIN'T GONNA HURT YA! Yet..."
They surround the maze.

Alek slips into the sanctuary, his heart pounding. He holds his hand over his mouth, staring at the entrance.

He can see timber before the guards. He points at the maze and yells "BURN IT DOWN!" the guards don't hesitate, and set the maze on fire. Timber turns and walks to the castle with clenched fists "I'm finding Bridgette..."

Alek curses, seeing the light from just beyond the sanctuary. He looks to the stream, waiting to see if he would have run.

The fire begins spreading, and fills the maze. The guards just wait on the outlines for Alek to come out.

Alek feels and smells smoke. He bites his cheek, following the stream outside, coughing the bad air as he exits.

Guards grab him roughly and begin dragging him to the castle, chaining his hands behind his back.

"I am prince Alekar, descendant of Darwin and the magnificent Kroul! I demand you let me go!" He struggles against the guards.

They say nothing and continue pulling him, taking him to the dungeon.

"NO! YOU MUSNT! LET ME-" they close the metal bars, Alek grabbing onto them. "LET ME GO, YOU FOOLS!"

One whispers "Didn't timber want us to put him with the other?" They nod and yank Alek out, taking him to a cell with Nixxiom hanging on the wall. They hang Alek's arms and connect his legs to the wall beside Nixxiom before shutting the cell door and leaving. Nixxiom hangs his head low, silent.

*******

A/N: They done failed....