Chapter 4 an old friend

It's been a while since I've seen Josh come by. Its not like I've been waiting for him or anything.I just so happened to enjoy his company.
' Yeah right , you just so happen to love staring at his hot ass' my subconscious reminds me.

Okay, so clearly I find him attractive but ,who wouldn't ? He's a good looking guy and so happen to have a wonderful personality. There's no harm in looking besides, I'm not ready for any relationships right now.

After everything that happened between me and Jack , I doubt if I'll ever fall in love again. Even if I find someone now, I don't think I'm ready for it.

At this point in my life all I wanna do is focus on my career and being happy. Which brings me back to the meeting I have today at 3 with a possible investor for BeauLene's Events planning &Catering Co.

About five months ago ,I decided that I wanted to do catering as well. It all started when my daily customers started suggesting that I start my own catering business. People would come by my restaurant and ask if I could cater a birthday party or an engagement party, stuff like that.

So five months later and I did it. I invested money into a five story building and all the necessary office equipment. I've started with interviews a month ago to get suitable candidates to work at my company.

I haven't told anybody about the new business mostly because I don't trust anyone anymore ,especially after what happened with my so called best friend Elena. So far , I've appointed a few people to work at my company and I also got two investors, hopefully three after this meeting today.

I've already printed out flyers and a whole lot of business cards and I've placed a few all around the city and in my restaurant as well.

I grabed my back, got into my car and drove straight down to the cafe where I'll be meeting Mr. Arnold Langley . Apparently Mr. Langley owns a few hotels across the country which means he's a very wealthy guy and a potential investor.

I got to the cafe fifteen minutes earlier and sat down. As arranged, he walked in at 3 on the dot. We sat down and got straight down to business. I've explained everything to him and could see half way through that he wasn't really convinced.

As I've assumed , Mr Langley left without signing the contract. I sat there in a world of my own feeling slightly disappointed since I've been working really hard on this project. I got snatched out of my thoughts when someone called my name.

"Shaylene? Shaylene Davidson, is that you?" I looked up to find a old guy dressed in a very expensive suit and I immediately recognised him as Mr David Jones , one of my dad's friends.

"Mr Jones , soo good to see you." I got up and embraced him in a hug. From the looks of it , he was very happy to see me.

"How are you? How've you been ? It's been , how long?" Immediately he starts swarming me with questions. I gesture for him to take a sit and he does.

"Well I've been good Mr Jones and it's been 4 Years since we've last seen each other. How are you?"

"Oh I'm all good my dear. Tell me, why don't I see you around anymore? I know your husband remarried, I'm sorry about that but I don't see you anymore. " the fact that he just informed me that Jack is remarried didn't even surprise me at all. Before I could reply, he spoke up again.

"I've asked your family where you were and they simply said that you moved out of the country because you couldn't deal with the divorce." Now that was the icing on top of the cake.

"Well sir , I've decided it was time for a bit of a change..." I lied to him and I immediately felt guilty. He picked up on it though.

"Oh my dear , don't lie to me. You were never good at it. I know that bastard mistreated you and that bitch Elena. " I nearly laughed when I heard him say that.

I ended up telling him everything. I couldn't lie to him obviously. I told him everything, from the day Jack and Elena tossed me on the street , right down to where I am today. I also mentioned the fact that my mom and dad were present that day but didn't do anything. Mr Jones got really angry when he heard of this.

I also told him about my experience in the disabled home and about Billy leaving me a grand amount in his will.

I have to say , I was amazed that he actually cared about me and it brought comfort to me. He started asking me what I'm doing for a living and I ended up telling him about the restaurant and the company that I'm planning on opening. I also mentioned that I was looking for investors and that Mr Langley turned down my offer.

To my surprise, Mr Jones offered to be one of my investors and I was over the moon. I gladly accepted it and he signed the contract that Mr Langley was supposed to sign. He also promised to spread the word of my new business to all of his wealthy friends.

We exchanged business cards and he told me to keep in touch. He left but not before he invited me to have dinner with him and his lovely wife .

I walked out of that cafe with a huge weight off my shoulders and an even bigger smile on my face.

Things are finally turning out good for me.

Hey guys

I hope you enjoy this chapter .

Let me know what you think. Your feedback would really be appreciated as it helps and motivates me.

Please comment and vote

I won't be able to update soon as I've got a lot going on.

Enjoy😘