Chapter 2 - a stranger

The birthday party has been a success. All our hard work wasn't for nothing. Things were going very smooth at the restaurant and I'm grateful. I've been running around like a crazy person to try to get everything ready for the party and now I'm finally done and completely exhausted.

Little Emma loved her Disney themed cake and I couldn't be happier . After the party I decided to go home and take a shower. I left my restaurant in the capable hands of Katy while I take a break.

I got home and tossed everything on the coach while I went upstairs and threw myself on the bed. I guess being the boss has its perks after all.

After thirty minutes I head to the bathroom to have a cold shower. I stood under the shower just standing there feeling the cold water flow down my naked body. I grabed my shampoo and washed my hair.

I washed my body right after and couldn't help but stare at the scar on my left thigh that changed my life . I'll never forget how I got it.

Flashback

I was driving in the rain on my way from work , when I decided to stop at the grocery store and grab some things for dinner. I worked at my daddy's company at the time. Dad owned an architect company and was showing me the ropes on how to become a successful business woman.

My mother and I opened our own interior decorating business and it was a success. After a while I decided to open my own clothing store and it was amazing.

Walking in the grocery store , I grabed the things I'll be needing for dinner and a few things for desert. Jack loves my cooking and refuses to eat any kind of junk food. I loved to cook and even if I may say it myself. I'm a great cook.

I walked out of the store after I paid and went to my car. As I was driving home , there was a car driving in front of me. Suddenly it moved of the road and it was to late for me to realise why.

A drunk driver, driving a truck had crashed into me and I didn't notice until it was too late. The car in front of me had seen it and it would've crushed them if they didn't move. When I noticed it, it was too late for me to do anything about it.

*Flashback over*

Everything was so wonderful before that accident. My parents loved me and my husband was the best I could've asked for but it was all a lie. They were just pretending. I was so naive , I believed everything they told me like a fool , but I will never make that mistake again. I am not the same stupid little girl I was before.

I step out of the shower and go to my room. I picked out a short floral yellow dress with my black pumps. I decided to let my black wet curls loose. All set and ready to report to duty. I grabed my keys and left.

I arrived at BeauLene" Beautiful Lene " ( my restaurant ) and it's packed. I walked into my restaurant and placed my bag away. I went to the kitchen to see if I could help with something.

I greet everyone as I walk into the kitchen and ask my head chef Luis if I can help and he tells me to make brownies. We chat and laugh amongst ourselves whilst we're all busy.

One hour left before closing time and I'm exhausted. I can't wait to go home and rest my feet, but knowing myself I know I'll probably work later than everyone else. I still need to check out a few things before we close.

I grabed a muffin and made myself a cup of coffee. It's not as good as good as Oliver's but it'll keep me going.

While enjoying my mini break, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I looke up and see Quinton has joined me.

"Hey Quin, how are you? " I like him. He's a very sweet guy not to mention he's good looking. A tall blonde handsome and very kind specimen.

"I'm good and you Shay"

"I'm good thanks" we spend the last hour chatting and laughing. I enjoy his company. He always makes me feel better and he's a very good friend.

We end up talking so much that I didn't even realise that it's closing time. We say our goodbyes and I end up being the only one left in the shop.

I start packing up and grab my things to leave. I turned around and saw that I wasn't alone. A young man was entering just as I was about to leave.

" Excuse me sir, the restaurant is closed." I say and he looks at me while I wait for him to reply. He's tall with dark brown hair and has a nice body. He has big muscular arms and there's definitely a six pack hiding underneath all that clothing.

"I'm sorry to disturb you mam but I worked until late and I just wanted to grab something to eat before I go home" I hate being all alone at night in the restaurant ,but he looked like a nice young gentleman. I doubt that he'll do anything to hurt me or something. I can't just let him go , I suppose I could stay at while.

"Okay sir , but everything is packed away and cleaned, but I could make you a sandwich , if you want."

"That will be lovely, thank you."He says and I gesture for him to sit down while I get started on his sandwich.

"Can I get you a coffee?"

"Yes please. Thank you so much for doing this. I know it's late and you wanna go home to your family. I apologise"

"It's no problem sir, I'm glad I could help" I say and mean it. I put his coffee down in front of him and head to the kitchen to start with his sandwich.

I grabed some white bread, lettuce,onions, tomatoes, mayonaise and some left over chicken breast. I decided to frie eggs and some burger patties to make it more appetising and tasty. I making some fries as well and a sauce to go with the sandwich. I'm making myself some as well so I don't have to cook when I get home.

Thirty minutes later I walked out with our plates and set the table. I placed our food on the table and we sat down.

"Here you go sir. I'm sorry it took a while. Can I get you a refill? "

"No problem really. It looks tasty."

"I hope it tastes as good as it looks"

"I'm sure it does. I think I'll take that refill, thank you." I refilled he's cup along with my own and walked back to our table. Placing it down I notice that he's plate it already in half.

"Do you mind if I join or would you rather eat alone? "

"No not at all. Please sit down" I sat down and we ate in silence until he spoke up.

"I'm Josh by the way"

"I'm Shaylene "

"Your a great cook Shaylene. This sandwich taste amazing. " I smiled and thanked him.

"Do you own this place?"

"Yes I do.. and what do you do ?"

"I work for an architect company " Well start talking and getting to know each other better. He tells me that he's been working there for about three years and that he likes he's job. He also doesn't fail to mention that he's boss is a pain in the ass and I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

I start telling him that I've had this restaurant for a year now and that I love to cook and bake. I've learned that he doesn't know how to cook at all.

We talked a lot until it was time for him to go. He promised to come back for another one of my "killer sandwiches " as he put it and we said our goodbyes. I locked up and went home.

I have to admit, my evening ended pretty good. I had fun tonight and it's all thanks to a stranger named Josh...

Hey guys 🙈🙉

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Don't forget to comment and vote☺

Enjoy😜😘