2.6 - phone numbers

Start from the beginning

"Who's singing?" Skylar asked. The voice sounded different than Luke's, but he hadn't told her who else in the band songs, so she wasn't sure who it was.

"Calum." Luke answered, closing his eyes.

"Does Michael sing?" Skylar teased, knowing that Luke wasn't going to want to talk about this. He didn't like when she brought up Michael, because he thought she had a crush on him.

"Why do you have such a crush on Michael?" Luke groaned, opening one of his eyes to look at Skylar, almost like he was permanently winking at her.

"I don't!" Skylar defended. She thought Michael was cute, but she didn't have a crush on him. She had a crush on Luke, obviously, she knew him better than she knew Michael anyway.

"I have some pretty embarrassing pictures of him, if you want to see." Luke laughed mischievously, sitting up and picking his phone up again.

"I've seen worse of you, Mr. 'I'm so wasted I can't even walk'." Skylar laughed.

"Hey, that was one time." Luke groaned, rolling his eyes again.

"Please sing for me." Skylar said again, not willing to give up. She loved how Luke's voice sounded on the recording, but she really wanted to hear him sing something right there, right in front of her.

"No." Luke laughed, shaking his head.

Skylar groaned and moved again, so she was laying down next to Luke. He grabbed her wrist and tugged her closer to him, making her rest her head on his shoulder. They stared up at the sky again, watching the clouds that looked like they could open up with rain at any second.

"Please, Luke, sing something for me." She begged. Luke rolled over so he was on his side, facing Skylar. He took a deep breath, before he started yelling.

"AND WE DANCED ALL NIGHT TO THE BEST SONG EVER..." Luke screamed at the top of his lungs, sending Skylar into a fit of giggles. That was one song that she had definitely heard before, and probably a few times too many. "WE KNEW EVERY LINE - "

"That's not what I meant!" Skylar laughed, shoving Luke away from her. The fact that he knew all of the words to a One Direction song worried her enough.

"You asked me to sing, you didn't give me any specifics." Luke laughed. He sat up and turned the music on his phone off, which put the whole park in a kind of eerie silence.

"I wanted you to really sing something, not belt out the lyrics of a One Direction song. Why do you even know that?" Skylar asked. Luke smiled, reaching out and tucking a piece of Skylar's hair behind her ear again. She really wanted to go put it in a ponytail again, but knew that it was no use trying.

"Hey, we toured with them a few years ago, the songs kind of stuck." Luke shrugged.

"You toured with One Direction?" Skylar gasped, and that only made Luke laugh harder. Skylar knew that Luke and his band was pretty famous, but she had no idea that they had toured with a band like One Direction. Weren't they the biggest boyband in the world? Skylar thought that that was a pretty big deal, and Luke said it so casually.

"Oh, boy. Are you in love with Harry Styles too? Hold on, I have his number, let me call him..." Luke sighed, picking up his phone again. He acted as if this had happened before, like he's been with girls that only want him for his connections with Harry Styles.

"No, no," Skylar said, putting a hand on Luke's to stop him. She didn't want to talk to Harry Styles, she didn't even like One Direction! "I'm not even a fan of them."