Chapter 2

Picture of Angie

Picture of Angie

Chapter 2

"How was your day?" Kylie yelled at me from the living room when I opened the door to our apartment.

"Don't forget to say hi to our umbrella stand." she added and I laughed. 

"Hello to you too." I said to her when I came to sit next to her on the couch where she was reading a script. I grabbed some food from the boxes which were on the coffee table.

"Jimmy stopped by." she said pointing at the boxes.

"I thought so." I replied and took a fork full of spaghetti. Jimmy works with her in the restaurant and sometimes brings the food he cooked with himself. I don't complain as cooking isn't my thing. At least we have everyday something to eat.

"Remind me to send him a thank you card." I told her with my mouth full.

"Sure. You can sign me there too." she replied. "So how was your day?" she asked again and looked up from the script at me with her blue eyes full of worries.

"Oh, please don't look at me like that." I started and put the food back on the table. "I told you I am moving on."

"Ok." she said.

"And it was boring at work to answer your question." I looked at her.

"Yeah you probably wasn't working in coffee shop in your previous life." She smiled and I punched her with the nearest pillow into her arm.

"Actually there was one interesting moment." I remembered. 

"Really? Tell me more." She said. 

"There was one young guy probably eighteen or nineteen." I started.

"Eww. God Angie. Don't you think he would be too young for you? I didn't thought you are a cougar." She said disgusted but with slight smile. I punched her into her shoulder with that pillow again.

"Hey I am not that old. I guess it could be only six years difference between me and him but let me finish." I said as the doctors supposed that I could be twenty five. Kylie was actually twenty five too.

"So he came over and I asked him what coffee he wants and he was just staring at me like he was seing a ghost. He was standing there literally frozen." I explained. 

"Creepy." Kylie said.

"Yes. Exactly. But when I approached him again he finally responded. He apologized and said that I looked just like his sister-in-law whom he didn't saw for a while."I added.

"Really?" Kylie got excited.

"And I got my hopes up and said that well maybe we are the same person but I didn't wanted to sound creepy so it sounded like a joke but I was quietly hoping he would say something like she is lost or something but he just shook his head and said he wished but she was dead. And then he left without ordering anything."I finished the story.