Chapter 1- dimple

Sangmin's POV-

"Hey Sangmin, could you do me a favor? A lot of people have been asking me about this, but I don't trust them to be able to do a story that's not biased. Could you do a feature for entertainment on the growth of that group, BTS? They're becoming really popular." the entertainment editor, Donghwan, asked me. I didn't want to, really, as I was already busy with three other stories, but I knew that when he asked, he wasn't actually asking. He was saying to actually do it. 

"Yeah, sure!" I agreed, putting on a fake smile. 

"Great! I have their manager's contact info, so I'll email you everything you need to know." I nodded, and walked out. 

This was fine. I was fine. I could do multiple stories at once. If I was going to become an editor some day, I would have to be able to balance this much work. 

I emailed their manager about our story, and he agreed to a quick interview, as well as one with the band themselves. We settled on a week from tomorrow. In the meantime, I had to gather information for the questions I was going to ask. 

...

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE GOING TO INTERVIEW THEM! YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD I SWEAR TO GOD! COULD I BE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER?? PLEASE???" my best friend, Abby, a Korean-American who moved here a couple years ago, said. 

"Yeah, I'll text Donghwan and ask if you can. What's the big deal anyways? I've heard some of their music, and it's not bad, but not like this level of crazy." 

"OH MY GOD HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT! BTS IS ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL ARTISTS OF OUR TIME AND I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!!! THEY'RE GOING TO AWARDS SHOW IN AMERICA FOR GOD'S SAKE!!" she screamed in my ear, and I winced. 

"Okay, chill. They're going to an awards show in America? They're that good?" 

"They're amazing. You've just listened to the songs? You have to watch the videos, I promise you'll fall in love." 

"Okay, well, maybe you can educate me on their history, and who they are. I know their names, but I don't know who is who." 

"Girl, I got you, I got you. You can ask me whatever you want, as long as I get to come and photograph them." 

"Whatever." I say, smiling, and she squeals. 

...

It was a week after the BBMA's, and BTS was back in their home country. While I wouldn't say I was an ARMY (something I learned from Abby), I would say I'm definitely into them. They're an amazing group, and I was a little nervous to be interviewing them.

Abby, on the other hand, was way more than just a little nervous. She kept dancing around, rubbing her palms against her pants, and playing with her hair. 

"Be honest, do I look bad?" 

"You look fine." 

"You sure?" 

"You look amazing. Stop worrying, I seriously doubt they're going to even notice what you're wearing." 

"How can you be so calm?" 

"I always am." I replied, smiling. 

"That's true, and I hate you for it. The day I see you snap is the day I will be living." We laughed, and after I finished the final touches to my outfit (I'm always required to dress nice for an interview), we headed to the Big Hit building. I was wearing a lacy, tight, white dress. (something like this)