L. O. L. {preview}

Story Name: Lots of Love { L. O. L. }
Table of Contents:
1. Scene.1
2. Intro
3. a g a p e
4. Milliseconds
5. l u d o s
...to be revealed

D E S C R I P T I O N

Love comes in all shades and shapes. This story is about such kinds of love.

P R E V I E W
{ a g a p e }

*~*~*

A love extended to all people, whether family members or distant strangers. A selfless love, a gift love, the universal loving kindness.

*~*~*

The soft night breeze grazed their faces ever so slightly, like the gentle touch of a feather. The trees swayed languidly with the wind, reminding a young Michael of the bitter-sweet memory of his grandparents' slow dancing in their 50th wedding anniversary.

Michael sighed quietly and focused his attention on the elderly woman seated beside him, her rocking chair making little creaking noises as it oscillates.

"Nanay?"

The grey haired lady with the black clothes hummed in response, "Yes Mijo?"

"Do you miss tatay?"

She held a soft smile. Yet... if one looked closer, in those dark brown eyes one can see projected a deep sense of loss and mourning too painful to be expressed into words, "Yes."

A young Michael cocked his head to the side, "Then why are you so happy even when tatay is gone?"

"Because I love him."

Michael sat there in a confused silence waiting for her to explain further.

"I love him, apo. I want him to be happy, and I know he's happy up there in heaven," she giggled, tears brimming her eyes and a bittersweet smile, "I bet he's up there yodelling with the angels and dancing cha cha with his sister."

"What about mom? She was crying the whole time, doesn't she love tatay?"

"Of course your mom loves tatay, thats why she was crying. She misses him dearly," her smile seemed to widen a bit, "Everyone has a different way of dealing with grief."

"I do feel sad mijo, I do feel bad. But I try, and it truly is difficult keep a smile. Especially when the world seems about ready to cry with you. But I think, and I know that seeing me sob and cry out isn't what he would've wanted. And... I smile wider. And when everyone else is crumbling around me, I remind myself to create the... illusion of happiness. And maybe I'd help, maybe I'd actually make a difference."

Michael smiled.

Except his eyes told a different tale, there reflected the feeling suppressed within the darkest and deepest corners of his mind. He felt pity for this once boisterous and gleeful woman. There she was, sat beside him. Broken. Almost helpless. He nearly couldn't believe this was the same woman who had carried and danced with him in his fifth birthday with a smile that could light up a thousand cities. And it saddened him deeply. The world seemed to agree with him, the mayas perched on nearby trees seemed to sing a dejected ballad. The vast sky exhibited beautiful grey hues. The mood was peaceful, set in place.

He gave a slight nod, silently urging her to go on.

"Smiles are infectious," she had said patting his head gingerly, the back and forth motion of the rocking chair seemed to quicken slightly.

"If others can't smile, smile for them," she glanced at the unoccupied wooden chair at the other side of the veranda. She looked back down at Michael wearing a big grin.

*~*~*

This was Agape.

*~*~*~*

A/N: so that was one of the chapters of my newwww [well not exactly] book L. O. L. [also i promise it'll get into boyf friends later on pls keep reading ;-;] and I really REALLY recommend u check it out. I've worked really hard on it as a passion project ever since December of 2017 and i do hope i finish it [rip]. but i guess if ur reading this rn it has been published so u can check it out [thanks future bon] [edit// i am so sO sorry past bon] and wowie i sure am rambling but bLEASE check it out, give feedback if u want, point out any errors that u find, it'll really mean a lot. it's my first E V E R full story in this account so i'm basically just a lil' cookie rookie so i'll appreciate anything y'all will do, diss my writing and i'll still be happy that u commented lmao. and lastly and most importantly, thank u for sticking around. reading, commenting or voting on my stories has always brought a smile to my lil' chub chub face. i hope u enjoyed and see u in the next update!

edit// ok so good news,, it's published! bad news is that it's on hold. rip. [pls still check it out tho thank]