wherein bob marley inspires me to gay [oneshot]

-*-*-*-
Harana
a traditional form of courtship in the Philippines wherein men introduce themselves and/or wooed women [or men, in this case] by singing underneath her/his window at night.
-*-*-*-*-

Gleams of moonlight cast shadows upon pre-Christmas New Jersey frost, a silhouette flat against pavements and the black blur of a boy in continuous motion decorate monotonous cement. The sound of light humming and feet skidding disrupt the otherwise silent street.

Red hoodie and black skinnies serve as his only warmth and protection against the chilly winds of a typical midnight December New Jersey breeze.  He clutches a small wooden stool on his left and a acoustic guitar, dubbed Bob, on the right. Pausing momentarily, he smiles at the sight of his best friend's house in the near distance. His best friend, you may ask? It's the one and only... insanely cool... Jeremy Heere! He grins at the thought of him, soft brunette hair, bright gray eyes, dorky personality. He lets out a involuntary sigh.

Looking up at the sky above he is met with the sight of thousands of tiny stars, all shining. Some brighter than others.

With the steady gleam of the moon aloft, it's incandescence casts a faint glow upon his surroundings and served as his only source of light.

|MICHAEL's POV|

I come to a stop right in front of a house I'm all too familiar with. I carefully set down my wooden stool on the grass of Jeremy's front yard, I look up to see his bedroom window.

...
[a.k.a. Michael freaks out and internal monologues the fuck out]

"Soooo... this is a TERRIBLE idea. Nothing more charming than waking up at the middle of the night to hear your closeted gay best friend proclaiming his love for you through a song. On a Sunday."

"Yay."

"Deep breaths. Okay, okay! Okay... Okay??"

"So... I'm REALLY doing this..?" I bite my lip, feeling a urge to fidget on something, touch something, tinker with anything. I grasp the corners of my hoodie strings and tug, twirling it in-between my fingers pathetically.

"Ahhhh, what if I mess up? What if Jeremy really isn't into me— this could ruin our friendship." I pull on my strings harder, biting harder.

"Jeremy wouldn't ditch me even if this failed, I know that but it would surely get... awkward and uncomfortable. I mean, Jeremy is a closet bi but that doesn't mean he'd like you in THAT way. Maybe I should stop, it's not too late—no. No!" Finally my lips concede and I taste metal. It stings but, but I don't care!

"You prepared for this for far too long! You downloaded 137 Bob Marley inspirational quotes on life, love and happiness, you can't back down now!" You scold yourself rather harshly. "WHAT IF—noo Michael. 4-7-8 and breaaathhhh. What... what would Bob Marley do? He... he once said that, that you must not think in the negative way. So that we can make room for a positive day! Yes, Bob Marley, thank you! I can do this, you can do this, we can do this!"

...

I can do this. I take a deep breath and began strumming the proper chords on my guitar. The gentle sounds of acoustic drifting through the comely outdoors of Jeremy's lawn calm me down slightly before starting my midnight serenade.

"...Bought a pair of vintage kicks. Let's go and take a walk. You know I like to listen yeah. I know you love to talk. Let's go down. To 7-11 and get lost."

"People call us boring yeah. But I'm okay with that. Friday night with Chinese food. I wanna take it back to my place. And play Super Mario Kart again."

Jeremy's bedroom window opens. I shut my eyes.

"There's a little bit of loser in us. Just a weirdo who fell in love. I guess we're made from the same weird stuff. Being a loser with you doesn't suck."

I sigh and open my eyes, looking up I see pastel blue curtains swaying in the low late night breeze. No sign of Jeremy. I look down at my guitar, feeling tears threatening to fall. I gulped.

"L-Like a screw on cap to a mason jar. We're the perfect fit. Too broke to put gas in our car. But we're the fucking shit. In the back. Of the bus. Hanging out."

"There's a little bit of loser in us. Just a weirdo who fell in love. I guess we're made from the same weird stuff. Being a loser with you doesn't suck."

"Being a loser with you doesn't suck..."

My eyes widen before I look up from my guitar to see a smiling Jeremy in front of me with the widest grin.

"Jeremy, will you—"

"Yes."

Jeremy engulfs me in a warm hug. I set down my acoustic carefully on the grass. Jeremy connects my hands with his, smiling softly at our intertwined fingers. My eyes light up and I giggle. I place my arms on Jeremy's waist before picking him up and twirling him around with a laugh. He shrieks a bit before joining in on the laughter. I put him down, feeling my face growing hotter. I look back at Jeremy to see his face dusted with a light blush.

"Wait, so does that make us officially boyfriends now?"

Jeremy looks down, a smile present on his face as he nervously fiddles with his fingers,

"Yeah, I guess it does."

"Can I kiss you?"

Jeremy shakes his head a bit and chuckles before locking eyes with me,

"Of course you dork."

Soft lips collide with mine, lips moulded perfectly like jigsaw puzzles. I slowly close my eyes, melting into the kiss before slowly wrapping my arms around Jeremy's waist. I feel his arms resting on my shoulders and his fingers tangles itself on my hair. I giggle into the kiss and pull away.

We stare at each other for a while with big goofy grins before Jeremy pulls me in to share another kiss.

THE END

guys im sooo so sorry for not updating that much, also for giving u this crap excuse for a chapter. ill most likely edit this later. im reealllyyy sorry! this is like one of my few attempts at a fluff fic and i'm clearly not doing well lmao. hope u enjoyed it tho? -bonny
[song is; loser by julian moon]