Chapter 6

Ruths pov

Cal began working from home while Rose was due any day now. We set up the nursery perfectly and we hired extra staff on board. God knows we need it. Seems like everyday Rose is talking and moving less. All she does is sit looking out of the window. Cal and me hate it! We ask her numerous things like what the baby's room will look like and what to put in it, but no reply. So we just go ahead and do it ourselves. Almost every time she has done this. Except that one time when she got up and walked away from Cal. Who then grabbed her arm and slapped her right across the face. Rose didn't retaliate or anything. She simply just looked at Cal as she held her red marked face before walking away locking herself up in her room.

It's like her body is a shell and she's either inside hiding something or she's gone. And there's only one place where she would go to. Jack.

Almost every night Rose weeps, cries, begs him to forgive and come back to her. As if that will ever happen. She knows that. But she still does it. I guess it's one way for her to deal with her grief. The only thing that still connects them both together. But once this child is born boi are things going to drastically change around here.

Rose sat in her chair and looked out into the distance. She occasionally took a glass of water that the maid would bring over. But still no word spoken. Cal stood up sipping his brandy playing old records that he had, while I sipped my tea hoping for Rose to even FLINCH a muscle. Cal then skipped a song that made Rose come back.

"WAIT!", she spoke for the first on a few weeks getting up going over to the player, "go back to the previous song", she pointed to the record that was still spinning playing the next tune. Cal just looked at her smoking his massive cigar smiling knowing that she was back. He then continued to look at her as she stared deep into his eyes like she was trying to move them in some shape or form. He then stopped the playing song and jumped back to the one before it. 'Come Josephine In My Flying Machine'

Roses attention then turned to the player as she looked at it while the song was beginning to play. She didn't move the whole time until the chorus when she softly began to sing.

"Come Jose-phine in my fly-ing  Mac-hine", she slowly sung the words falling behind quickly. ...Up she goes. In the air she goes. There she goes! "Up... Up..", a little bit higher. But she couldn't finish the song as she broke down in tears crying. Cal and me did nothing at first as we laid back and just watched her. She sobbed and continued to do so. Cal then took the record off as he rubbed Roses back.

"What we're you thinking about? What did you see? Jack?", Cal asked. But the more he asked the more she withdrew herself in further. Rose then walked away in tears with both hands over her mouth to try and stop her gasping and words that would come that she would later regret. She very slowly climbed the stairs leaning on the wall for support before two maids assisted her and took her back to her bedroom.

Cal and I both know what she was thinking about. If that was the only thing getting her up and talking it must of reminded her of that boy, Jack Dawson. I wonder if that's who she thinks and dreams of in that chair all day? Her life she could of had with him. Her life if she was never found and brought home by us. Endless possibilities to get away from this place. But she knows now that she gave that all up the moment she decided to sleep with Cal and bear his child.