━━ chapter nine.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘❝ 𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐀 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐀

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘁

LOOKING OUT into the field of flowers in the garden of the palace, Thor looks from afar as he sees Astrid and Loki playing together. A pinch of jealousy, as Thor sat alone by himself swatting away irritating insects. Sif joined him, sitting beside him on the grass.

"Are you still sulking over the fact that Astrid's is Loki's friend and not yours?" she teased him.

"No." Thor mumbled.

"You have a little crush on her, don't you?"

"Shut up, Sif." Thor started becoming defensive.

Thor did not want to admit it but he could not help but think Astrid was a pretty girl. Despite his bitterness at the fact that Astrid hates him, he's glad Loki has someone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁

HER LIFELESS BODY in his arms, carrying her into the rebel ship. Thor wanted to be by her side, helping her to wake up. If she died, he would not know what to do. He didn't understand the aching feeling in his heart at the thought of Astrid leaving him. He regrets not being able to confess his feelings for her. The guilt will kill him if she dies in his arms. He did not want to leave her alone but he had to see if Valkyrie was okay herself. He walked towards Korg, knowing the Kronan will look after Astrid for him.

"Take her to one of the rooms. Help her please." Thor said to Korg.

"Alright." Korg said, taking Astrid into his arms, heading towards the back of the ship, his figure soon disappearing.

Thor rushed to the front of the ship, looking down below. The onslaught down below between Hela and Surtur continued, Hela persistently throwing spears. Her attempts were in vain, as Thor saw how easily Surtur ploughed through her spears. He notices Hulk rushing towards the ship, Valkyrie on his back. He leaped in the air, able to reach the ship with ease. The rumble of the ship, vibrating through Thor's bones, as it ascended into the air. Soon Asgard was out of his sight.

"I heard his sacrifice stopped Hela from destroying the ship." Thor heard one of the Asgardian citizens talking to a friend. He walked towards them.

"Who is this person you speak of?" Thor asks them.

"Skurge was his name." the person replied. Thor knew who he was. After only one encounter, he thought of Skurge being selfish but Thor is thankful and Skurge's sacrifice will not be in vain. Valkyrie approached Thor, worry on her face.

"Where is she?" she asked. Thor did not speak. He walked away, gesturing for Valkyrie to follow him. They disappeared into the hallway, walking side by side, before entering the room Astrid was occupying. She laid their lifeless, her haired soaked in her blood. Valkyrie walked towards her, touching Astrid's forehead with her own. She proceeded to grab the pitcher of water, pouring water into the wooden bowl next to it. Tearing a piece of fabric from her own garments, she soaked the torn rag, heading back to Astrid. She slowly washed the dried blood from Astrid's hair. Thor watched from the background.

Valkyrie finished cleaning an unconscious Astrid, before walking back to Thor.

"I don't know if she will wake up. She's been unconscious for hours." Valkyrie said.

"It's my fault for leaving her behind on Sakaar. She merely escaped death and now..." Thor could not control his anger as he punched his fist into the metal wall. An indent appears on the wall.

"Anger does not solve anything." Valkyrie scorned.

"She cannot die." Thor snapped.

"You think I don't care whether she dies? I do care Thor." she snapped back.

"I'm sorry." Thor apologised.

"It's alright. We should leave her." Valkyrie said.

"I'll stay here for a while." She nodded, as Thor pulled up a chair, sitting next to the bed Astrid occupied. Looking down at his hands, rubbing them together. He looked up again at Astrid. Reaching for her hand, soon holding it his own.

"I don't think you can hear me but please don't leave me, Astrid." he begged.

Her breath was slow, as he saw her chest expand and contract.

"I don't know if you will wake up Astrid but I want to tell you how I feel. Ever since we were children, I did have a childhood crush on you but I never told you. I knew you never liked me but I want to thank you for being there for Loki. Thank you for helping me and Asgard. You've always been a brave person since I've known you. I just hope you wake up so I would be able to tell you while you were conscious, that I cannot live without you."

Hours went by, Thor refusing to leave Astrid's side. The ship was in the middle of space, as he sees the stars from the window. Mumbles escaped from her lips. Thor looks up, noticing her moving her fingers. Slowly her eyes opened, groaning in pain. She tries to sit up but Thor urges her to rest.

"What happened?" she asks. Thor pulls her into his arms, hugging her tightly.

"Thank Odin, you're alive." Thor chuckles.

"Ahaha." Astrid chuckles herself.