━━ chapter eight.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧❝ 𝐀𝐒𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝐀𝐒𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘁

THE THRILL OF RIDING on Asher, laughter filling his ears, as he sees Astrid riding in the fields of Asgard. Her hair blowing in the gentle wind. He smiles, seeing his closest friend enjoying herself throughly. He focused on Asher's long strides, kicking dirt behind him.

Astrid looked over towards Loki, a smile appearing on her face. Not noticing the snake on the ground, the horse halted to a stop, Astrid thrown off Asher, her body hitting the hard earth, Asher running deeper into the forest ahead of her. Loki rushed over to her, helping her from the ground. The rocks on the ground cut through the palms of Astrid's hands, small dots of blood seeping out. The stinging sensation causes Astrid to wince in pain. Her leg was numb, hindering any further movement.

"You okay?" Loki asked.

"Not really." she tried to hold back the tears.

"Should I call Thor to help?" he suggested.

"No!" she snapped. Loki was taken aback by Astrid's aggressiveness. Footsteps in the grass sounded behind them, as the young Thor approached Loki and Astrid.

"What happened brother?" Thor asked Loki.

"Astrid fell off her horse. I was about to..." Loki stuttered.

"Do you want some help, Astrid?" Thor asked her.

"I'm fine." She wiped her dirty hands on her garments, thin streaks of blood staining the material.

"Astrid..." Loki spoke up.

"I'm going to find Asher." she mumbled, walking towards the forest. She didn't need anyone's help. Especially Thor's help. She hates how Loki always seeks Thor's help for any situation. She just wished Loki would just be his own person. As for Thor, Astrid thinks he is a spoilt jerk. One day he will get what he deserves.

"ASTRID!" She heard Loki called out her name behind her. She stopped in her tracks, letting him catch up to her.

"You could have just teleported here, Loki." Astrid scoffed.

"Mother told me not to over use my powers for mundane scenarios." Loki told her.

"Sure."

"I'm sorry for seeking Thor's help. I know you told me to stop asking him for help." Loki looked at the ground.

"It's...okay Loki." Astrid reassured him. Her eyes spotted Asher, as he chewed on pieces of grass. Astrid slowly approached him, holding tightly on the reins, as she stroked the mane, as he softly snorted. Astrid smiled, before climbing up on his back. She outstretched her hand towards Loki, as he grabbed her hand, sitting behind Astrid on the horse.