Mr. Mendes

Heyyyyy...it's been a while so here you go!
(12/18/18)

I rushed into my last class of the day. I was running late because I forgot my book, very typical of my forgetful self. I burst through the door, expecting Mrs. Thompson to mark me tardy then threaten to send me to after school detention or Saturday school like she usually does. Today the class was surprisingly rowdy when I walked through the door, not normal for this class because of how strict our teacher was. That's when I noticed the substitute teacher behind Mrs. Thompson's desk.

"I'm sorry, I just uh forgot my book and I had to go back to get it, sir." I said to his back.
"It's alright, I won't count you tardy. Just take a seat please." He assured. I felt relief wash over me. I walked towards my desk that was beside my friend Olivia.

"Have you seen our substitute? Oh my goodness, he is gorgeous." Olivia informed me. I hadn't managed to catch a glimpse of him since his back was towards me when I talked to him. I waited for him to tell us our assignment so I could see his face.

"I'm Mr. Mendes, I'm your substitute teacher today. Your teacher only left you busy work. If you have any trouble come see me and maybe I can help." Olivia was right, he was absolutely gorgeous. He was young, very young. He had dark, curly hair that was pushed up off his forehead. His jawline was defined. He had a butt chin that, somehow, made him even more attractive. His skin was tan and his lips were a warm shade of pink. His teeth were perfectly straight and he showed them off while he spoke. From here, his eyes looked brown.
That was only the beauty of his face. His body was a whole different kind of attractive.

He was so tall that I could see most of his torso even when he stood behind the podium; he was definitely well over six feet tall. He wore black skinny jeans with a black and white polka dress shirt and a pinkish orange color bow tie. The sleeves of the shirt were pushed up to reveal the veins running vertical up his forearms. The sleeves of the shirt fit tightly, causing every detail of his biceps to be seen.

I was completely lost in his appearance and didn't realize the rest of the class had went up to obtain their worksheets for the day. I snapped out of my trance when Mr. Mendes spoke to me.

"Miss? Are you going to come get your work?" He asked. My face heated up from embarrassment and I knew my cheeks were burning red. I walked to the front of the room with my head down, trying to avoid everyone's stares.

"Sorry, just got distracted." I mumbled when he handed the papers to me. I glanced up at him quickly and I could have sworn I saw a smirk on his face. In this quick glance, I also noticed he had a small scar on his cheek, right next to his nose and a little bit of a lazy eye. Neither one of these things made him any less attractive though.

I finished my work early, this being one of my stronger subjects. I turned it in then waited for class to end. While I stared at Mr. Mendes, I noticed that his eyes seemed to meet mine often. I quickly looked somewhere else until I knew he was no longer looking. But one of the times he caught my gaze, I couldn't make myself look away. I smiled at him sheepishly and he smiled back.

The final bell rang and I walked to the desk that served as a barrier between Mr. Mendes and I. He still sat at the desk, shuffling papers around and shoving them into his bag. He wrote a report for my class's behavior then looked up at me.

"Can I help you?" He asked nicely.
"I was just wondering, how old are you? And what's your name? I'm asking for a friend, she was too shy to ask you herself." I lied through my teeth.

"My name is Shawn. I'm eighteen, almost nineteen." He replied after chuckling slightly. I thanked him then started to walk away.
"Wait," he said, standing up, "you almost forgot your purse." I started to thank him again but I was interrupted by his words. "Make sure to tell your 'friend' I'm interested, (Y/N)." He put emphasis on the word friend, knowing I had made that up and was talking about myself. I also noticed that he remembered my name from being late to class. I stared at him for a moment before moving closer to him. There was virtually no space between us now. He leaned down towards me and let his lips crash onto mine.