Oh, Look, It's Coffee O'Clock! (Forty-Four)

Start from the beginning

After having helped Sarah with her wedding dress and giving her some much needed words of encouragement since she was unsurprisingly a bit nervous, Sonny left the bride in the capable hands of her mother. Walking into the main part of the church, she paid careful attention to not tripping in the high heels she wore as she moved down the aisle searching for a particular person. Finding her, Sonny smiled as she slid into the pew four rows back from the platform where the ceremony would take place.

Taking a deep breath, she slipped her feet out of her shoes. She had been wearing them less than an hour, and they were already causing her feet to start aching. Briefly, she wondered why she had worn them when it was well known that she detested the irritating shoes so much. The only positive attribute about high heels was that they made her appear taller. That is not worth having to deal with them, Sonny thought as she started flexing her pantyhose covered toes. And speaking of pantyhose, she hated those too.

"How's Sarah?" Jack asked while playing patty cake with the tiny person sitting in an infant car seat on her lap. Upon she and Chloe's arrival at the church, Jack immediately searched for Sonny's sister Melanie, intent on kidnapping her namesake for a while. Luckily, Melanie and Brian had been more than happy to let her baby-sit. They dearly loved the new little addition to their family, but it was nice to get a break every once and a while. They just hoped that the baby wouldn't start fussing after the ceremony started.

Leaning toward the duo, Sonny took a playful munch from her niece's soft cheek, earning a small giggle in the process. At least, it sounded like a giggle. No matter what, it was adorable. "She's a little nervous, but she'll be fine. Her mom is finishing her up." Glancing passed her friend, Sonny's brow lifted in curiosity as she watched Chloe and Briana quietly talking amongst themselves. When she'd left a while back to attend to Sarah, they had been in that same position nearly sitting on top of each other while discussing one topic or another.

Hmm. They seem to have warmed up to one another quickly. In fact, the two were almost inseparable during the last few days. That's nice. A smile lifted the corners of her lips, which quickly faltered when she caught site of a person whom she would have been happy to never lay eyes on again. What was she doing at the wedding? Certainly, no one had seen fit to send her an invitation.

Looking at her friend, Jack noticed the distasteful expression she wore and wondered about it. She asked. Wordlessly, Sonny pointed straight head and Jack followed the movement of her finger. She did a double take before she believed what her eyes were seeing. Oh crap, what in the world was Alicia Hastings doing at Isaac's wedding? It wasn't like she cared about him or anyone else for that matter.

As though she felt the two sets of hostile eyes upon her, a carefully coifed red head swiveled around the large church until Jack and Sonny were found. Excusing herself from the conversation she was having with a person who didn't know her all that well, Alicia began to make her way toward the two women sitting a few rows back from where she stood. Noticing that she was headed in their direction, Jack and Sonny released simultaneous groans.

Sonny selected to throw decorum completely out of the window. "What the hell are you doing here? Don't tell me you were invited." Somehow, Alicia kept the borderline polite smile on her lips as she regarded the frown on Sonny's face.

"Sonny, please," Jack managed to say in a whisper that almost sounded like a quiet shout. "No matter how annoying your cousin is, don't forget that we are in the house of God." The polite smile disappearing, Alicia gave Jack a dirty look, which she gladly returned. "Also," pausing, Jack protectively cupped the baby's small pink ears with her hands, "remember that there is a young impressionable child here who can hear you. She doesn't need to be subjected to that type of language."