Chapter 28

ELLA

I knew something was wrong right when I woke up the next morning.

Christian was already up and he was pacing back and forth, running a hand through his hair, clearly frustrated.

He was mumbling to himself and his eyebrows were furrowed. His jaw was constantly clenching and unclenching. He had sort of a worried look in his eyes and I couldn't help but wonder what was wrong.

"Christian?" I finally spoke up, causing his head to snap in my direction and his eyes to lock with mine.

His lips parted as if he were to say something, but nothing came out of his mouth.

He simply walked to mind and sat down on the bed, looking down at me.

Before I knew it, his lips were on mine and as shocked as I was for the first few seconds, I found myself almost immediately kissing him back.

Christian's lips moved slowly against mine, feeling just as warm as always.

But, somehow, the way he kissed me was different than usual.

I could feel that he was tense and worried.

When we pulled away from each other and I just looked at Christian, confused.

I had no idea what was going on on his mind, but it was clear he was worried.

"Christian, seriously, what's wrong?" I asked and frowned at him a little.

Christian sighed, running his hand through his hair.

He remained silent though, his eyes just staring into mine. They were the usual dark brown, only now, they had a worried look in them.

I raised ny eyebrow at his actions, becoming slightly frustrated by the fact that Christian wouldn't tell me what was wrong.

"It's nothing you need to worry about, Ella." Christian finally spoke, sincerely.

I sighed and nodded, feeling a slight amount of hurt build up in me because of the fact he didn't trust me enough to tell me.

I didn't say anything about it though.

I didn't want to cause another argument between us two.

Not now that everything is going so well between us.

"Okay." I said and sat up on the bed while yawning.

I felt tired, although, I did have a good night sleep.

Christian chuckled and pulled me on his lap, keeping his arms wrapped around my waist.

I sighed in content and leaned my head against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

Christian's arms tightened their grip on me and pulled me closer as he pressed his lips to my forehead.

"Sorry, I can't tell you, Angel. I promise, I will tell you soon." Christian whispered, pushing a few stands of my hair behind my ear.

I blushed slightly at his actions and nodded.

I was totally fine with him telling me later, if that's what made him feel more comfortable about telling me.

I looked up at Christian, who was playing with my hair, a beautiful smile on his face.

His eyes sparkled with happiness, although, there was still that small hint of worry in them.

But, right in this moment, he seemed more happy than worried.

Just then, my stomach growled rather loudly, making my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

Christian just laughed and stood up, still holding me in his arms.

He started to walk to the door while carrying me.

"Christian, what are you doing?" I asked, looking up at him as he chuckled and continued walking towards the stairs.

"Cooking you breakfast." He replied as he walked into the kitchen and sat me down on the counter.

I giggled and swung my legs back and forth while watching Christian, who was now looking through the cabinet for something.

He looked very good, he wasn't wearing a shirt, which just showed off his perfectly toned body and his sweatpants were hanging low, showing off his red boxers.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean...you cooking breakfast?" I asked, playfully.

Christian gasped, faking hurt and looking at me, pouting.

"I'm offended, Angel." He stated, holding his hand over his heart dramatically.

I laughed and shook my head, hopping off the counter and walking to Christian.

He was still pouting, but I could see he was fighting the urge to smile.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tiptoes, pecking his pouting lips quickly.

"Don't be offended, Chris." I said and Christian chuckled, allowing the smile he was holding to spread across his face.

He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and smirked a little.

"Never was. I know I'm a wonderful chef." He winked.

I groaned in annoyance and smacked his bicep.

"Don't get cocky, Hale." I warned, causing him to laugh and shake his head in amusement.

"I'm not, Angel. Now, let me make breakfast." He said, grabbing some pancake mix.

I nodded and just held my arms wrapped around his waist, watching him as he put the pancake mix together.

Christian baked the pancakes quickly, humming silent tunes while he did so.

I just watched him and listened to his humming, enjoying the sound of his voice.

I still couldn't let go of how he had been so worried this morning, but I decided not to talk about it with him right now.

As Christian was putting the pancakes on the plates, the doorbell suddenly rang.

Christian sighed and was about to walk to the door, but I stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"I'll go check who it is, okay?" Christian nodded at my words and went back to putting the pancakes on the plates and I walked to the door.

I had no clue who it could be.

Who would come here at this time of the day?

I reached the door and pulled it open slowly to reveal a guy.

But, it wasn't just any guy.

He looked like Christian, except, his eyes were a deep shade of bloody red and they had this evil sparkle in them.

He looked frightening.

He smirked at me, sending shivers down my spine.

He took a step closer to me, grabbing my wrist.

His grip was tight and it felt as if something was burning my skin.

I was petrified. I couldn't speak.

He smirked, pulling me close to him, clamping his hand over my mouth so I couldn't speak.

His touch was burning my skin, and no matter how much I squirmed, I couldn't get out of his grip.

Then, he suddenly spoke, his voice cold and frightening.

"I've been waiting to finally meet you, Ella Dawson. Such a shame that there will come an end to this quite soon."