Chapter 24

ELLA

We were sitting on the roof of Christian's house, watching the sunset.

Christian had a cigarette between his fingers and he'd occasionally take a drag from it.

I sat between his legs and leaned my back against his chest.

Christian other arm was wrapped protectively around my waist.

"Christian?" I asked, turning my head a little and looking up at him.

Christian blew out a perfect ring of smoke before looking down at me.

His eyes were loving and yet, he looked alarmed, like he was constantly looking for any sign of danger. Yet, he looked peaceful, if that even makes sense.

"Yes?" He spoke, never allowing his eyes to leave mine.

I smiled and looked at him for a while, getting caught up in his perfection.

It was hard not to, I mean, Christian is, as I've said many times before, the definition of perfect.

"I love you. So much." I whispered, blushing a little as I said that.

Christian grinned widely before pecking my lips softly.

"I know and I love you, too." He spoke and I noticed this sparkle in his eyes that I'd only seen a few times before.

It was the sparkle of love.

I couldn't help but feel a little flattered about the fact that Christian had fallen in love with me.

With me, of all girls out there.

I was so happy that he was in my life, that he was my boyfriend.

I love Christian, so much.

I mean, sure he isn't what I always imagined my boyfriend to be.

He's a lot better.

Of course, he isn't human, but I'm completely fine with what he is.

In fact, I feel like our love is special exactly because he isn't human.

We aren't like every couple, I know that already now.

I noticed it right away when we first kissed.

We are special.

Christian is special.

"Oh, but you're special, too. Believe me." Christian said, pulling me closer to him.

I could feel his steady heartbeat against my back and his strong arms wrapped around my waist.

Christian smelled a little like cigarette due to the fact he was smoking at the moment and then, there was the usual smell of his cologne.

I blushed at his words, not quite being able to process the compliment I just heard from him.

I never got complimented like this from any of my boyfriends from before.

Yet, another reason why Christian is so much better than them.

And that list is endless.

I could always name a thing about Christian that makes him so much better than any boy I've been together with.

"Angel, stop that." Christian whined, causing me to giggle.

I played with his fingers, trying my very best to control my giggles.

I took Christian's hand in mine, locking our fingers together.

Our hands fit perfectly, just like everything.