12. The Resurrection

Resurrection-
an awakening from the dead.

Sebastian

I mechanically stand to answer the door when I hear a knock. I'm not sure what I'll do if the person on the other side says something about the blood coating my clothes or soaking the floor; I'm not sure I care.

I fling the door open, a snarl marring my features.

"Hello, Bastian," The woman standing on the doorstep looks so familiar, but my grief filled mind can't connect her face to a name. Her tall body is adorned in a dark cloak, the hood pushed down revealing dark-as-night hair and red-as-blood eyes.

I feel someone come up behind me – Pierce, protecting me, as always – and murmur, "Amelia."

Yes, that's who it is. Now that I know who she is, I look at her again. I notice a man who is also covered in a dark cloak standing behind her. He places a hand on Amelia's shoulder and look at me, "I can bring her back her."

Immediately, my hand shoots out, wrapping around his throat. "What?" I growl.

The stranger sighs and utters, "Amelia, I thought you said I would be safe."

"Yes, Lucien, you are. They will not harm you."

It clicks in my mind. I know why she's here. "You had a vision," It's a statement, not a question.

"Yes. I knew to bring Lucien with me. He's the only one who can bring your Rune back. He's a Necromancer, after all." Her words are like a wave of relief that washes over me, ridding me of the grief that was consuming me.

Pierce and I step aside to allow them to come in. The man, Lucien, heads straight for Rune, and Amelia stays on the other side of the threshold, looking at me quizzically. "I'm sorry we had to see each other this way, Bastian. But I have some good news," She looks behind me to where Lucien is shooing everyone away from Rune, "You're were right; William is also Rune's soulmate. Don't worry, this happened to bring you closer to each other and to make you all realize your feelings about her. I will not lie, there will be bumps, but she already has the same feelings for you; all of you. A few days ago, I had a vision of all of you traveling in a car – happy, laughing. Let's just say, you all expressed your feelings of joy at her well-being rather... intimately." Her red eyes dance with mischief as she smiles at me, "I'm glad you found love, Bastian." She mutters something under her breath, and an instant later, she's gone.

I don't even allow myself to think of all the information she divulged before I'm turning and walking to where my love lies, seemingly discarded on the hardwood floor.

--

Kade

Just moments ago, I cradled Rune's head much like before. This time, I was filled with hope, not the devastating sadness and grief that consumed my entire being what felt like an eternity ago when I saw her beautiful, broken body.

Lucien made us all stand back so he could bring my world back to life. He presses his hands on her stomach, directly on the bullet hole, and quietly chants a few words under his breath. His palms start to glow a reddish color, and I feel my friends – no, my family – stand beside me, silently offering comfort.

After a second, he stands and collectively looks at all of us, his red eyes brimming with power, "She's breathing." He steps out of the way to allow us to, once again, crowd around her now alive form.

He heads for the door, but I stop him with a hand on his shoulder, "Thank you. We can never repay you."

"You don't have to. I did this as a favor to Amelia. Goodbye, Kade. May you all find happiness with her." He disappears, his last words hanging in the air for a split second before fading, just like him.

--

William

We all watch her, waiting for a sign that she's gained consciousness. After a few minutes, she sucks in a harsh breath, her chest expanding with movement. Her beautiful eyes flutter open, and I hold back a gasp at the sight; her once blue eyes are now red, just like Amelia and Lucien's. When a creature has red eyes, it means they're magic users, or they've been touched or altered by a magic user. Rune will bare this mark for this rest of her life. If it was even possible for her to become more beautiful, the eyes make her so. It makes her look like a being from our world – not human. Exotic.

I reach out from my spot beside her and look into her eyes, wanting her to break the silence first and say something.

She looks around at all of us, her red eyes taking care to settle on each of ours. Her eyes finally travel back to mine, and she stares. I see sadness and confusion radiating from her beautiful eyes, and the sight breaks my heart.

--

Rune

When my eyes open, the first thing I see is William looking down at me.

Wait. Am I on the floor?

I turn my head and find the rest of my men crowded around me, all touching me in some way. My eyes find William's once again, and I open my mouth to say something, but I find it hard to speak. It feels like someone poured bleach down my throat. I keep smelling sulfur. Thousands of tortured screams are a distant echo in my ears. It takes everything in me not to curl up into a ball to stop the sound from ringing through my brain.

Sebastian must know how terrified and sad and tired I am, because he places his finger over my mouth, "Shhh, Sweetheart. Don't talk. We're here." His blue eyes search for something in mine, and he gently lifts me up so that I'm cradled in his lap. He smooths his hand down my hair, and I press my face against his chest and just breathe in the minty smell that's so him.

I feel someone press their chest to my other side, and I look up to see William gazing down at my body, sandwiched between his and Seb's. Kade comes behind me and places his cool hands on my back, with Callum beside him, reaching out to stroke my cheek. Pierce is in the front, and I watch his grey eyes filled with so much joy and relief, I can't help but give him a small smile.

I've searched so long for a family; for a place that a belong. I've been in countless foster homes, and in each one, I was never loved, never cherished. I've always thought home was a place, but it's not. Home is a feeling – a feeling of love. Home is the little things, like having people who look forward to seeing you, and all of you feeling incomplete when you're not with each other.

Home isn't a place. No. Home is here, right here, where I'm surrounded by all of my wonderful, beautiful men. I've come to love each of them equally and so all-consumingly, I could never stand to be parted from any of them - my family.

~~~
Song- Talk Me Down/ Troye Sivan

--
Hope you all like the story so far!
Thank you for 600 reads

love,
nichole