Sun x Lillie (Lightsunshipping): Stress Relievers

(Sun and Lillie are 15 in this BTW)

Sun had just gotten done with his ghost Trial. He was exhausted, terrified, and excited all at the same time. Why terrified you might ask?

He's deadly afraid of ghosts.

His skin is still pale from when the Gastly jumped him. It only got worse as the trial went on, and he's pretty sure the totem Mimikyu scared whatever skin figment he had left. Ironically, the teen was so pale you could say he looked like a ghost.

Sun also isn't the only thing scared of ghosts, of course.

His Persian, Jewel, was also terrified of ghosts, despite having a type advantage. During his battle against the Pikachu wannabe ghost type totem, he was pretty sure Jewel had been scared to death, as the moment the dark type saw the totem, it immediately fainted.

But alas, that was all in the past, and he was ready to go see his friend, Lillie. He had met her during his first day in Alola (the latter had moved to the region from Kanto), and helped her save her Pokémon from a flock of Spearow. Well, the Pokémon wasn't hers actually. From what she's told Sun, she had rescued it from a bunch of bad people trying to use it for its power. The Pokémon was known as Cosmog, but Lillie had since given it the name Nebby. As brave and heroic as it sounds, the blonde hair, emerald eyed teen was actually shy, meek, and timid. She didn't like Pokémon battles, but always seemed to watch for the Kanto native. She had a strong, supportive heart, and always listened whenever Sun talked to her about the stress of doing the Island challenge. Sun loved to tease the latter, as she would always either gets flustered, or put on a cute pouty face that Sun's heart melted at the sight of. The white sunflower dressed girl always wore a huge matching hat that Sun assumed was there to give her head the least amount of shade during the hot, humid tropical days in the Hawaiian-like region. In fact, her skin was extremely pale (but compared to Sun's current state, she looked like she had gotten a tan).

Sun always admired the girl for her sweet, enthusiastic demeanor. She always had Sun feeling like he needed to accomplish something. Whenever she was in need of help, Sun had always been there to help her out in any way, shape or form. Once when she had a breakdown, Sun was there to help her get through it. It turned out she felt helpless most of the time due to Nebby's mischievous behavior of always getting out (or attempting to) of the bag Lillie kept it in to keep it safe, and the two always getting in trouble with her being much too afraid to help. She said how she as grateful as she was for him helping her, she couldn't help but think if something were to happen while he was away. Sun tried to assure Lillie that such an event would never happen, but he keeps finding himself away from her, and his want for her getting stronger. He's getting stressed about something that he can't tell her, because he does t want her to know about his deepening crush for her.

He wasn't sure if he could even call it a crush anymore.

Continuing where we left off, Sun approached the place he was staying at: the Aether house. Apparently, the ghosts Trial captain Accelerola owned the place, and she had allowed him, his rival Hau, and Lillie to stay for the time being. He arrived there (after a quick stop to the Pokémon Center), and saw a team Skull thug harassing his girl.

"S-stay back!" Lillie cried. The thug moved his arms in all kinds of directions whilst giving her a confused look.

"Yo yo! You tellin' me I'm just suppos' ta ignore that?" The grunt asked, "Yo bag moved all by itself! If 'ts some rare Pokéman ya got in there, I can't ignore 't. I gotta take 't 'n' sell 't for dem moneys yo know what I'm sayin', yo?" Sun's fists tightened as he heard the guy say "Pokéman". It's utterly disrespectful, and people shouldn't say it. He ran up in the middle of the two.

"Back. Off." Sun warned with a growl. Lillie's face shined in hope.

"Sun!" She said. The teen in question didn't take his eyes off of the grunt, but a blush was visible off of his slowly regaining skin color.

"Oh? So we be playin' bah the script now, aye?" The grunt sassed. He took out a Poké Ball from his pocket, "Crobat! Let's show these Island Trial suckers!" Upon release, a giant, four winged purple bat stood in front of Sun. Sun immediately took out a Poké Ball of his own to release a just as big blue and black dinosaur like Pokémon.

"Diamond! Use Rock slide!" Sun called. The Rampardos known as Diamond roared as rock suddenly appeared from the sky, toppling in the sleek poison type. Growling, the team Skull grunt returned his fallen Pokémon, and ran off, but not without telling the two teens, "Yo tough shot! 'F you want that kids Yungoose back, yo gon' have t' come t' Po town. Alone."

After the grunt was out of sight, Sun turned to his fancy dressed female friend, "You okay?" He asked. Lillie looked at him with her emerald eyes and nodded. She looked scared, grateful, and overall stressed. Sun had to admit, despite her being a stress-mess, she still looked adorably cute.

"I-I'm fine. I-I was just going for a walk when Ne—" The stressed girl was interrupted by Sun placing his finger over her lips, as a sign to shush.

"You don't need to explain." He said calmly, "I'm just glad you're okay." Lillie blushed at his comment.

"Th-thank you, Sun. I–I just can't stop thinking about what would happen if you weren't there in all the times I needed you." She told him. She started to cry a little, "I'm so grateful for your help, Sun, I truly am. I just have to ask: Why do you keep helping me? I just hold you up with Nebby and myself. I'm just a burden for you, Sun. So why? Why do you keep helping me?" Sun stared at her. He hated when she looked sad, but it only drove him to try harder. He blushed at his immediate answer in his head, which thankfully went unnoticed by Lillie. He decided it was time for him to tell her about his feelings. It was the only way he could answer her question anyway. He took a deep breath before answering.

"Because you're what makes Alola all worth while." He said simply, "If you weren't here, Alola would be... colorless. It wouldn't have anything special. Every time you smile, you make me feel like I accomplished something. Whenever you're sad, I'm driven to do whatever I can to help you. You're what makes Alola special. This journey special. I could care less about the island challenge if you need help. You're my best friend." Lillie was blushing at him. She was a crying, stressful, blushing mess.

And Sun loved it all the same.

Sun continued after whipping the tears off her face, "You're the most amazing, beautiful, person I've ever met, Lillie." He took a deep breath, "I love you." He mentally cursed himself for all of this. 'I've probably ruined my relationship with her. I'm so stupid!' He thought. He was just about to leave when Lillie grabbed his hand. He turned around to see her beet red face, her eyes out of view from her ginormous hat.

"Sun..." she said with a sniffle, "I... I love you too..." Sun's eyes widened in shock as Lillie looked up at him, "So please don't leave."

Suddenly, his day just got a whole lot better.

WELL, that's that! Hope y'all enjoyed the sappy little thing here. This one was requested by TheLoneWanderer17 So thank you! I'll see y'all next time!